1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

problem outside the ice temple

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by ezzora, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ezzora Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I can't enter a part of the map
    there is this doorway through which I can not pass, it's the doorway that leads to the ice temple(the second door to the right when you enter the map)
    I killed nearly every creature in the map(except for the spider and his/her deer) and I picked up everything I could
    but my group can not go through his doorway, do I need a special key or anything(I have the necklace and I opend all the other doors without any problems)
    when I hover the mouse above the door I get the "no enter" sign(the circle with the line through it)

2. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sounds like you did everything right ... Do you have the latest patch? (2.01, I think)

3. ezzora Gems: 1/31

I downloaded the patch about a week ago, so unless there has been a new release in the past week I have the latest one

4. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sorry, I have no other ideas. If you have the necklace with Auril's symbol, the door should open (are you wearing the necklace?).

You might try going around the accesible parts again, and make sure you killed every enemy. I think there is some type of guards which initially are friendly, but after you pick throught the remains of the NWN soldiers they became hostile. Did you kill all of those? They move around, and you might have missed some.

All failing, you could try reloading the game from an earlier save.

5. AzathothXy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Is that the door the 'Master of Locks'(I think) comes out of? If so you can open it from the other end. The door is near the gnome in the remorhaz.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Do you mean the door at middle of the right hand side of the map? North of where you would find the Snow Trolls?
    There is an Ice Golem Champion gaurding that door from the inside. He will only come out to protect his masters, the Necromancers around a camp fire. Pick a fight with them and IGC will come to their rescue, unlocking the door on the way.

7. ezzora Gems: 1/31

it's the door/passageway above the one the lockmaster came out
    it's the door in the passage way leading to the frozen soldiers
    the leader of my party is wearing the necklace
    and it's before you meet the queen remorhaz and stuff

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

But that should easily open. Just to make sure, have someone wear Auril's necklace and have that one open the door.
    If all else fails try to break it down with your sword. An easy way is to enable the cheat keys, get the attack icon and Ctrl-Y the door. That should unlock it. Or Ctrl-J past the door, whichever way works.

9. JML Gems: 1/31

I just registered for this site now. because this is where I am stuck too..At first I just thought it was some puzzle I couldn't figure out. What happened was, I was wearing the necklace and went to open the door..the trap went off and I got stunned but the door is still there...any way around this?

10. Shayleigh Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I got this bug too, I just used the 'hans' cheat to get past the door.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.