1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Desired IWD2 mods

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by TheBlackRose, Dec 1, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Anyone have any ideas for an IWD2 mod?

Like weapon mod, NPC mod, creature mod, etc.

2. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Actually, there's a Robe of the Evil Archmagii that the Red Wizards' chief (in Severed Hand) is wearing, but there is no robe of the "good" or "neutral" archmage in the game (not that I found anyway). Would be nice to get this sometime towards the middle of the game (around the same time when the fighters get the good armor from Oswald). And give it some more spell resistance and saving throw bonus, so they can use their ring/cloak slots for something else :)

One other idea is special monk gloves that do extra damage, extra attack, improved critical, etc.. without counting as a weapon (i.e. without decreasing his number of attacks per round).

Magic helmets are also lacking in the game. So are Amulet of Protection +2 and +3.

[ December 01, 2002, 18:55: Message edited by: Quint ]

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I want the BG-1 ToSC to BG-2 SoA/ToB continuous storyline mod with IWD-2 interface, subraces, 3e rulesetting and multiclassing and BG-2 magic in one, highly addictive, 1 to 2 DVD package.

Continuous maps without reloads would be great too, maybe some larger areas for more exploration :D Some minor changes in the storyline would be ok to to keep the thrill in the game ;)

[ December 01, 2002, 22:31: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

4. Quint Gems: 8/31

Oh, I forgot. One very good item:
    A Helmet that gives a +5 SHIELD AC bonus. Currently, spell casters can't benefit from the Shield component of AC, because they have to waste 3 feats to overcome the arcane casting miss probabilty of 15% of most shields. So a helmet that gives a Shield bonus of +5 would be really great!! :D
    (I bet dual-wielders and 2-handed weapon wielders will love it too. :) )

[ December 02, 2002, 00:56: Message edited by: Quint ]

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Quint. That is a very "quaint" (or should I say "quint" :D ) idea. Even Cespenar would love it!

Ragusa. Great idea! My favourite mod for IWD2 would be IWD1 in IWD2 format and 3E rules. That would make clerics so much more useful. And besides it would more than rock big time...

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Better AI scripts (or a "how to make your own script for dummies" workbook). I hate the my paladin keeps switching to crossbow .. I should just take her stinking bolts away!!! grrr

I know there are more ... I'll think of them while playing and edit them in.

Edit #1 ... you should be able to use the same weapon or shield in multiple weapon combinations. For example, I have a good shield that my Pally usually uses with a long sword. When they encounter something that resists slashing damage, I can easily switch to her flail, but I have manually go into the inventory screen and move the shield.

[ December 02, 2002, 14:19: Message edited by: Mathetais ]

7. Quint Gems: 8/31

It was actually his idea :D

8. IaaA? Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The best character so far is from BGII the imp (Cespenar) that upgrades weapons. What a great addon. Also, I have a sorcerer in my party with a high alchemy ability but she can only fulfill quests -- nothing extra, e.g. envenoming a weapon of my choosing or using the anvil (in the underdark) on a weapon of my choosing. Also, they could fix the wandering--going in the wrong direction for my characters which was done to a small extent in BG2 but very large but very large compared with IWDII (this becomes a huge problem, the larger your party is).

One of those guys in Orric's tower could have been a Cespenar (the squeaky voice and antics were supperb).
    IaaA
    And it goes without saying -- THEY COULD FIX THEIR BUGS!!

[ December 03, 2002, 14:15: Message edited by: IaaA ]

9. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Quint:

Workin' on Robe of Good/Neutral Archmagi. EDIT Both are already in the game. Maybe I'll make Robe of Chaos.

Ragusa:

Ok, I'll have it done in two weeks. :)

Mathetais:

I think that's hard-coded into the IE, but I'm not sure.

IaaA:

What kind of bugs?

[ December 06, 2002, 23:17: Message edited by: TheBlackRose ]

10. Quint Gems: 8/31

Oh, yes, I know they're defined as objects in the game. :) The thing I actually didn't request very clearly, is to make the player find or receive those robes in the course of gameplay. As it stands, the player never gets them. Plus to modify them a bit, make them more interesting.

So where can we see some mods you've already made?

[ December 06, 2002, 23:28: Message edited by: Quint ]

11. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Quint:

Ok, I'll work on adding these items to existing areas if you haven't found them. Maybe they're HoF-specific items.

I've made an IWD2 premade parties mod (v1) and uploaded it to my webspace. It's a WeiDU mod, with plenty of room for improvement in the future.

http://mortuary.port5.com/iwd2/IWD2-parties-1.exe

12. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would like to see monks do more interesting attack methods instead of just punching. Those shadowthiefs in shadows of amn did cool stuff with the throwing daggers and kicks.
    also to be ableto use 2 handed things with a buckler.

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] @TheBlackRose
    Could you put up a readme file for that exe-file, please?

14. IaaA? Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Here is a great mod:
    Attributes in the 1/2 increments. Now that we have a computer game instead of a board game, and noninteger arithmetic is not that tough for a computer to handle, what do you say to -- when a character goes to 15 in dex that he get 2.5 instead of 2 and you don't have to wait for 8 levels to go up a +1.
    IaaA

bugs, e.g., 1. playing tic tac toe and the monster teleports to the locked room and the game will hang if you kill it with your other guys before the golem gets there. 2. sometimes when you click a spell, the game ignores it. 3. auto pause options: there is not one for when your spell is DISRUPTED!!! 4. sometimes when the AI is on your guy just sits there and lets himself (herself) get beat on and on and on. 5. switching back and forth between weapons -- uh oh, the wrong arrows all of a sudden. 6. AND the biggest is when your guy can shoot or hit the enemy and he takes an impossible DETOUR -- i call this a bug even though BGII mostly fixed it in the config.exe and this is significantly worse the larger your party is. 7. this of course, relating to the grammatical meaning of e.g. is not a complete list.
    IaaA
    just a little venting, IWDII is a great game.

[ December 12, 2002, 14:08: Message edited by: IaaA ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.