1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD2 Lacking Certain Creatures?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Bhaal's Drinking Buddy, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] which race of creatures did iwd2 lack the most? i would say dragons, even though i would hate to fight the guardian on a regular basis.

[ February 25, 2003, 17:05: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Drow. I would've liked more drow. The whole underdark part could've been much bigger in my opinion.

3. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] a paladin and gnomes....i want to fight paladins......

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

A demi-lich or 2?

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

They just about ran out of liches after BG2. :grin:

6. Gaius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

^ Indeed; I think BG2 used nearly every Lich from Faerun's past, present and future! IWD took care of another and IWD2 took out a would-be Lich. After all that, the Lich well is pretty dry.

But to answer the original question, I'd have liked to have seen more Giants. I guess it's a hold-over in my mind from back when IWD2 was 2nd Edition with kits and there was the Giant Slayer kit. I really liked the idea of a character going out and hunting them down, and it'd have been nice to re-create that kit with the 3E rules.

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Just look at rangers' favored enemies. There were too few trolls, giants and shapeshifters. Also, how many Umber hulks did you see during the game? I saw only ten of them (all in the same area).

[ February 26, 2003, 20:18: Message edited by: Harkle ]

8. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dragons, Drow, and Paladins.

except for the damned guardian!!! arghhh!!! One of him is enough!!! I hate that bastard, curse him!!! GRHHAAA!!!....(blind rage continues for a few minutes)

[ February 26, 2003, 20:22: Message edited by: Ancalìmon The Wise ]

9. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31

I'm only at the severed hand, but tell me, are there any dragons coming soon? i I have only faced so far two puny white dragons and the CURSED GUARDIAN< ARRAAJJAJAJHHHHHHH *starts casting prismatic spray on self*

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Star appearences from creatures of IWD1 would be welcome. Perhaps visiting the Vale of Shadows and meeting Kresslak and all the different shades and stuff. The giant white wyrms. Icasaracht as a lich or wraith or something? there were some creatures left out of the second game - bring em on!

11. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There seems to be a large lacking in the creatures from the original ADnD 2nd Edition. I mean, come on. We could of used some creatures like Beholders and snirvblin* ect. They limited the game far too much. The underdark was a let down, compared to BG2.

Anyway,
    Cheers.

12. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I would like to fight more dragons. All in all, there should be harder monsters but not puny goblins and orcs.

13. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think they missed a prime opportunity to expand the games diversity with the Heart of Fire option.

Instead of making a Goblin hella difficult, they should've replaced them with something stronger. I mean, It seems a little silly for a Keg to have 200 some odd Hp.

So instead of upping hp and damage for EVERYTHING in hof they could have done some light changes, upped the difficulty of the Creatures. Goblins changed to Orcs, or Hobgoblins even.. Orcs upped ot Ogres, or Orogs. So on and so Forth.

As for the Dragons, The White Wyrm, and White Dragons were SUCH a let down.. i was expecting a good fight when i saw them do the dramatic Pause for the White Dragon.. Then he fell like a rock..

Despite most peoples profanities about him, i Actually Enjoyed the Guardian of Chult. He Was huge, Impressive and made the battle fun for once.. They need more of that kind of difficulty..

Okay, my Rant is done for now. ^_^

14. Istari of Thay Banned

Ehh... :rolleyes:

You do know that theres only six chapters,
    don't you?

15. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31

yeah I know, I meant I was at the start. Anyway it doesn't matter now, I've beaten the game and on HoF now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.