1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC voices.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Khazraj, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Did you notice that Ulbrec in IWD2 has the same voice as Hrothgar in IWD1? That is the same as Montaron in BG1.

There seem to be repeats of the actors. I am going to listen out for more. If you find any tell me about them here.

Cheers

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Some of the voices are from Baldurs Gate II. Like that one gnomish voice is exactly like Jan Jansen. Also, the narrorator sounds like Aerie.

3. Juggalo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was playing on Baldurs Gate 2 and the men in black cartoon came on the T.V and oneo f the aliens hadd the same voice as Jon irenicus!! I'm positive they were the same voice actors!

4. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yes Jon Irenicus had the voice of a famous english actor, I think he played in Dogma maybe...

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

One of the male fighter or HoW voices has been done by the one who did Jan Jansen.

6. Pretend Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I spot that pretty often.. same voice actors in different games from same game company. Especially SirTech had the same man voice in prolly all their titles.

One question though.. what are those "HoW" voice sets? What does that HoW stand for..

7. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My guess is that HoW stands for Heart of Winter - the expansion for the original IWD. I didn't notice until you mentioned it, but there seem to be a number of voice sets from earlier games.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The Famous British actor is Alan Rickman, and yeah, i picked that up as well. he is the sherrif of nottingham in robin hood and also plays snape in hatty potter.

Oswald Fiddlebender is the same guy as Jan Jansen.

9. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So it was Alan Ricman :D

I was afraid to say it cause I couldn't prove it...

I wonder how they got him, the man has played in several movies and is a famous theather actor too. Either he likes the game or they payed him alot of money....

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually, I think Irenicus was played by David Warner, the guy that played EVIL in Time Bandits. I don't remember if I saw the credit for sure...But it is definitely his voice!

Also, rumor has it that Shralp did the voice of Sherenical, the half dragon chick you defeat just before the Ice Temple!! ;) :p :lol: :grin:

Kidding about the second one...99% sure that David Warner was Irenicus!

11. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Yeah, David Warner played Irenicus. I only know that one because I've watched "Tron" before. David Warner did an awesome job. He's an excellent voice actor.

Dunno 'bout Hrothgar. These companies all like to keep a tight group of voice actors. When they find voice actors that work for them, they keep using them all the time, for all their different games. As long as the pay is right. =)

Arie is the narrator. I'm not inclined to go look her actual name up on www.imdb.com. I've not heard that Oh-So-Sexy Jennifer Hale yet, so I bet she's not in this one. Or Viconia, either. Minsc is probably in there, as he does so many cartoons and other things. And the Guy who played Kressalak is probably in there.

I do so wish they would have gotten that narrator from the first game. He was the guy who played Major Burns in the MASH series for quite a long time, but I can't recall his name right now. He made for an out-standing narrator.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Larry Linville was Major Burns in "M*A*S*H*"

I think he passed away 2 or 3 years ago from cancer though...

[ October 18, 2002, 15:12: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

WHOA!

My bad.

I meant David Stiers. I was thinking Burns, instead of Winchester.

/me slaps forehead...

*slap*

14. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I looked this up a few weeks ago, so don't hold me to a perfect recollection of this name- Since the narrator sounded more like Aerie from ToB and not BG2, I compared the VO cast from ToB and IWD2 and discovered only one voice actress in both games: Vanessa Marshall. It's possible that she is the narrator of IWD2.

15. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

i dont remember the name, but the narratoer in bg1 is the guy who is the voice of marine commander Scott Dolph in MGS2 and Sarevok.

the one who did imoen is a distand relative of walt disney.

the one who did the voice for Mazzy did the voice for emma emmerich in MGS2
    and dyneheir.

and irenicus IS David warner

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

They changed Aries between SoA and ToB?

Whoa.

The Aries in SoA is the same one that I've heard doing Bubbles on the Power Puff Girls. I don't have ToB, but as time wears on, I'm more and more inclined to go get it. I'm just a slacker. Either way, I've no comparison to make between the two. Still sounds like Arie from SoA. Her name was Kathy something. I should give her some credit because she's done *other* voices too, but I just couldn't manage to get rid of Arie quick enough, so I'm like, scarred for life...

And yeah, The-tight-little-package-that-is-Jennifer-Hale does Mazzy, Fall-from-Grace, Dionerra, and a bunch others. Jennifer Hale is the Anti-Arie.

Grey Delasle is another hot babe. I don't truely know this, as I've not seen a photo of her, but in my little fantasy world, she's hot. She does Viconia, Nalia, and I *know* I've heard her as Bubbles too. So many girls have done Bubbles, she's gotta be like a prostitute or something off-screen.

Jim Cummings is the other multitude of voices. Up in the trillions, or something. He's the kind of guy that's done so many, he forgets which ones he's done. Minsc, Arundel, Gizmo, Salt, Master, and Set.

There's some others, but those come to mind right off the top.

17. CauseMIN Gems: 1/31

I saw this cartoon with an aligator guy that had Minsc's voice from BG2. He even spoke like him ,you know,with that strange accent of his...
    Pretty weird imagining Minsc as an aligator... :D

18. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I said it SOUNDED like Alan Rickman, not that it was. I didnt know the name of the voice actor, but there is a site that has all of the people that did the voices, if only i can find it......

19. denz-n-dazed Gems: 1/31

Apparently, the voiceover (god-knows where i got this from...can't seem to recall), was done by Andrea Zuckerman, formerly of Bev Hills 90210. Yeah...pretty sexy stuff, huh (not!)?
    Jennifer Hale did those voices? Cool...
    I liked the kid who did little Maralie...darn cute, yah?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.