1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Rate Icewind Dale 2!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Maybe he thinks its long and boring because he didnt understand it? I mean if i most certainly didnt get a game, it would be long and boring. Though i just wouldnt give that opinion because id sound like an idiot :rolleyes:

2. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What really ticked me off about IWD2 was that you can't enable 3d mode, that was a big point in the first one since I have a good video card and my processor just can't handle it.

3. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

wd give i a seven out of ten. And BG is extremeley far from boring!

4. Deadheadfred Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Liked IWD2 very much except that the second time the game was exactly the same, not like BG series where you could go on different paths to reach the same ending.

5. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] many reacted in my bg comment...i think lots of forum user are nerd and freakos because they play bg...bg is for loser who doesn't go out in the house and play(bg) all day...with his/her armor mascot on..freak!!..heheheehhe...

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I really dislike BG2, but maybe that's because I played it too much (seriously!)

It's too non-linear.

As for IWD2, I figure it's better then BG2, but I'd give it about a 7.

7. Jadow77 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I give it 9 out of 10.

8. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I like ID2 a lot, but Dragon's Eye really sucks and I'm still there. I got tired of the game faster than I tought, mainly becouse you have limited freedom. Still, It's a must-have if you liked BG and such.

9. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

But i do that with ALL games...

10. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

BG2 is the most UNboring game I have ever played.
    quote:"so boring"
    I don't know how you could say a thing like that. It is one of the very best pc games ever mad, and you say it's boring.

11. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I was wondering if they could put together BG 1 and BG 2... But sure, will have something on 8 or 10 CDs... :) ;)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The topic is rating IWD2, not BG2, so please stick to discussing IWD2.

13. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] i Kinda liked IWD2, Something that would've been entertaining, with the exception of oswald, Just cause Gnomes bug the piss outta me..
    neways.. Something that woulda been entertaining is if some of the Characters could've joined party, like some of the BG Npc's. [I MISSED BOO!! *Cries*]

But on it's own, it was a fairly good game first time through.. I do tend to agree that the need for different path's in future Games is a MUST HAVE.. increases playability..

Far be it for me to go against the crowd, but i gave it a solid 6.75 :rolleyes:

14. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Hey Tal, If you read this... I don't mind if people say off topic things in my posts... but I suppose rules are rules.

15. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

For me, it's 7/10.
    I played both BG2 and IWD2. To me, IWD2 will not be as good as BG2. Firstly, it does not have a storyline as good, funny and interesting as BG2. Second, I feel the the spells memorizing system and spells are not as good as BG2. Third, the foes are not as challenging as the ones in BG2(demi-lich and the likes), except for HOF. Fourth, it does not have as many class kit as BG2. Fifth, :D I miss the ranger with the HAMSTER(MINSC)!!!!
    and the deaf thief/illusionist(JAN JANSEN)!!! :D
    I love the way they talk rubbishs. They are some of the funniest jokers I ever seen.

16. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I give it 4...the gameplay at times was very entertaining on that scale alone a 7 to 8 might be warranted, but the tedious nature of many illogical scenarios wasted my time with little or no payoff. Save your money...

17. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31

You know, I think it's really a question of a player's preference. If you want the drama of NPCs joining your party and bringing all their storylines with them, you will prefer the BG series.

Of course sometimes...sometimes you just want to make a group of characters, tromp through the rugged tundra, and beat the living snot out of everything in front of you without having to stop to think about political intrigue or romance. :rolleyes:

I love the Icewind Dale BECAUSE of the sheer amount of hack and slash. Of course, this is in no way a put down of BG. Though they use the same engine, they're two very different games with different role-playing perspectives.

18. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

ive played both BG2: TOB and ID2, and i have to say that BG2 is way better because its more "roleplayish".

and the dragons are far stronger. the ones in ID2 are real pussies

19. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Well, I haven't actually played the game yet, but I'm guessing I'll give it about an 8. I usually like all the FR games alot and like to beat them more than once even!

So far the votes have given the game about a 73%, which is something like the original got I believe. I liked the original, so I will buy 2.

[ March 30, 2003, 22:17: Message edited by: Kovalis Darkfire ]

20. Essexx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I enjoy IWD2 and give it "7" The sharp graphics and detail are an upgrade and the character development options (feats, skills, etc)allow you to build a character to your liking. As far as the story goes, in my opinion, it is as good as IWD, but not as good as BG2. The only thing I don't like about IWD2 are the puzzle-like quests, but that is my own personal preference. In summary, the game is definately worth buying. (note: Many have mentioned IWD, and BG Series, but another very good RPG is Wizardry 8. I highly recommend it)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.