1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Duergar Stronghold

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Goon66, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Should i except Barud Barzam's(duergar guy) quest to kill all the black raven monks?

Also what are the rewards i get from the duergar if i kill all the monks?

[ April 28, 2004, 11:51: Message edited by: Goon66 ]

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If you want some carnage fun, and want the hell bolter, this is what I do:
    Take the Black Raveen quest off the duegar. Go to the monastry and do everything you can, short of opening the door to the underdark. Then massacre the monastry(great fun). Then go back to the duegar and complete the quest. Then for tidiness sake, massacre the duegar. You can pick the hell bolter up of the corpse of that bloke, and head off feeling satisfied in a job well done. ;)

3. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

Are the monks evil and secondly do you know what loot i get for doing the killing monks quest?

BTW there is a spectre in the toture room who is crazy and thinks i am one of his companions who abandoned him. He then attacks me however i read on 2 walkthroughs that if you turn him he will become sane and you get more xp. YEt i have turn him with my paladin and cleric of tempus(both level 16) but he just died and i got 87xp(or something close). And with my Cleric of lathendar(level 14) the turning just failed and nothing happened.

Does anyone know how to make him sane again so he doesnt attack me and i can get the xp(which i really need because i get only the tiniest bit from mosnters only because of teh always get xp mod.

4. Takara

Media:
    If your cleric is too powerful he will die. It's one of those bits that annoys me, because there is a very small margin between failure and death. The monks aren't evil, so it's bad from a good char. roleplay. I can't remember the reward you get for the duegar quest.

5. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

When it comes to xp, the all kill is the best option, you can side with the thief too, but then you have to run to get into the underdark, buy better weapons and return to finish to golems ( xp !!!! ) If you were really fast I thought you could kill of the thief, but Im not sure.

6. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

I dont understand anyhting you said about a thief Crom the powerfull.

7. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The thief in the monk monestary ? Just check the storeroom there and you will see ! He wants to rob the tomb of the black raven.

8. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

I am still in the duergar stronghold.

9. Takara

Media:
    I never really bother with the thief. He's a pain in the butt, so it's best to turn him in. That way you get to loot the tomb all to yourself.

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Your get at least a single-hand improved critical range (19 - 20) axe if you finish off the monks and report back. The monks really have no good items on them so the good stuff comes from reporting back to the druegar.
    Remember to kill the monk near the chambers or else the druegar king wont reward you.

The druegars attack you if you get to talk to that spirit too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.