1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Increasing Experience Points

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Beowulff, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Beowulff Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello all, I am new to the boards and after searching for answers I decided that maybe someone out there has a solution. Is there anyway to advance a party of six in standard mode past level 15-16? I have played through IWD II twice and I am currently at the end of chapter 1 at the fortress. In an last ditch attempt to gain more xp per kills my current party is at level 5 however, I have not been leveling up so each member actually has enough xp to be level 7. This is the only way I could think of to get more xp from kills in standard mode. The down side is sooner or later I will have to level up and then it will be a 3 level increase and thus will lower the xp of kills. So does anyone have any ideas or is it pretty much useless and no matter what is done it is impossible to advance beyound level 15 with a party of 6 in normal mode. I would appreciate any advice.

[ August 15, 2003, 20:22: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If you do every single side quest and level squat as much as possible you might be able to get to level 17 or 18 but you'll never get much higher due to the crappy 3rd edition XP rules. Short of playing in Heart of Fury mode.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    But www.weidu.org has a nifty mod that always gives you some experience per kill, even if it is only 1. I installed it after finding out slaughtering Hook Horrors gives me no exp...

4. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Don't get the levels until it's absolutely necessary (this usually means you've got to hide behind animate dead while your party is invisible). This way, the CR won't be so lopsided that you get no exp for your kills.

5. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

try going solo or with two characters. you will get more experience. With weimers exp mod, you would get even higher.

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I guess we all like to level up. It's the reward for all the hard work our Characters do. Well, part of the reward. I like to play with a full crew because it seems more like role playing. IWDII is limited this way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.