1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nalia's quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Cog Primius, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Cog Primius Guest

[​IMG] in nalias quest i always dies of the huge iron golem how do you kill him

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

In the thread below you can fing everything you ever needed to know about golem killing (hmmmm, not everything, but almost):
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001556.html

[EDIT]
    Spud: :p :p :p

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 26, 2001).]

3. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

For one, you will have to be using blunt weapons, or you won't do any damage. Since they can't fit through doors, stand right outside the door and pelt it with a sling.

Another option is to move your entire party exept one character to the exit, leaving one hasted character behind. Then have the hasted character grab everything and run for it. I wouldn't try this until you've finished everything else in the keep.

5. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

Read the threads that extremist and Spudsquisher posted. Minor correction, Iron golems need +3 or better weapons to hit them, any +3 weapon is fine.
    Only clay golems have the blunt weapons restriction. Stone golems require piercing weapons (swords work as piercing as well) :)

Cheers,

Wittynewt.

6. Demonater351 Guest

Hey :wave:,
    Just to add a little more info, for the quest in De'Arnise Keep, the perfect item to kill the Iron Golem is the Flail of the Ages, a +3 flail, especially if you're like me and do the quest very early, before you can obtain any +3 weapons. Also, Lilarcor, a +3 two-handed sword, can be found in the sewers under the Copper Coronet.

7. Matwyn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah Dementaor but one piece of the flail is in the room where tis golem is! i allways go in summon some creatures wich i put before the gollem then take the items and go away why should you make stressing yousself for only 16000XP

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

You don't have to kill the golem... Else: learn as much Minor Meteors as possible. With that you can kill the Iron Golem slowly. At this quest you don't have +4 weapons I think.... so do it this way... I had to sleep twice.. after 10 meteor spells, the Golem dies... nice XP for this level.

9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

i usually do the "slaver" quest before nalia's keep, that way i get access to lilarcor (+3 2H sword) and buy one of the +3 axe or the long sword of roses (+3 longsword and +2 to charm and more discounts for future shopping), whichever i can afford, from bernard in copper coronet. so when i do nalia's keep i have a least two guys with good weapon/s, i usually steal the 3rd flail head first, kill the clay golems that followed me out (hit & run then ambush style), forge the flail of ages and... well, 4 members (there's a +3 axe in there too) with a +3 weapon and clerics/druid to back them up with healing, barkskin, stoneskin, or any of those ac enhancing spells, the big guy isn't really a big problem after all.

10. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Is there a time limit on this quest? Nalia said she need help at her father's castle quickly

11. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Spoiler.
    If you do this quest early like I did, just send in a lone cleric with sancuary and loot the lot. (I might kill them in chapter 6 just for the sake of it though. Should have more than a sporting chance now! :D)

12. [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hi

honestly, the big golem is not that hard to kill with the warhammer +4 against giants who is hidden in the room (get it via the santuary spell) giv it to ya fighter and let him stand close to the doorentrance with the others casting healing spells on him and boooooommmm -down he goes. I did the quest as the first, cus of the XP and the ease of killing trolls... Guess I was level 8 - 9 when killing the golems

(you might have a chance kiling it with a headshot from a AWP, muhahaha LMAO lol de lol)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.