1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lightning Prism

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Lazy Bonzo, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Ok i understand i need to zap and bounce this prism at the locked lightning doors but everytime i fire it a 2nd lightning bolt shoots out of the mirror (to the prisms west, my right) and means i have to keep fixing the prism. Is this meant to happen??

[ January 07, 2003, 19:07: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Strange, I thought it only fired in the direction of the "nozzle" if you like? Just take appropriate aim and fire away?

I can't say I remember having to do anything other than **cough** adjust a mirror here or there, open this little door here and another there?

Can you be more specific? Which direction are you aiming etc?

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Well lets say im firing north (which was my latest attempt). I rotate it till it says is facing north. Then i fire it and it fires to the north. It then hits something (the mirror but this happens when fired in any direction and it hits a wall) and then from the mirror on the west (which i've just realised is the left not right as i said above) spouts a second lightning bolt. This hits the other one and zappy. What im wondering is the first time i broke it (by accident) was by firing it in the wrong direction, straight at the western mirror (which i cudnt see lol) and it bounced back and zapped it. I then asked nikkademus to fix it, which he'd said he'd done. Maybe when it said it fixed it the mirror variable or whatever is still screwed :hmm:

4. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You can fix it by "Temple maintenance" from Game Room. You can activate it using the three levers down the room.
    However, there shouldn't be such problem. Maybe when you shoot north the mirror there directed the bolt through wrong direction(which is east) and then the bolt come from the south door and hit the prism? I'm not sure, may be...

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Thanks for your help everyone. It did temple maintenance and it happened again. I did it again and it worked. Must have just been a wierd bug.

6. ethereal_aurora Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hm...I thought the Prism only breaks if you fire it against the West mirror (then it bounces back...)

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yep, same happened to me when I toyed around with it. A high int char (usually the mage) can fix the prism to make it fire again a few times. However, as Anakha suggested (as does Nicodemus ;) ) temple maintenance is the other, better possibility to repair the prism when you destroyed it.

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Well i've done the ice palace now and on to chapter 3 so no longer need to worry about the lightning prism.

One final question though, can i come back to the battle squares or does the palace melt?

9. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think you can go back until Chapter 5, so still time to go back.

10. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

you can only come back to ice temple at the very end of chapter 4 where you meet oswald again before boarding his ship. if finishing battle square is what you want, this is your very very last chance.

you do get to go back to the ice temple in chapter 5 but this time you can do nothing about the the temple. it acts differently.

11. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

You can come back here until you take Oswald's ship to Kuldahar.(The end of Chapter 4) However, I'm pretty sure that you can not melt the "Temple". :lol:

You will revisit the temple once more when you take the exit from Dragon's Eye to Fields of Slaughter. Nickademus will "summon" you to ask for that favor he asked of you.

12. Tantic Gems: 1/31

Help me i cant open the Caged Fury door. i have tired everything i looked it up on the online walkthrough and i still cant get in it says i have to shoot the laser thing at the door well i doo that and nothing happens... some one please help me :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You have to get in front of that door by going 'through' the Kuldahar-painting. Now open the secret door behind you. Now use the prism and the bolt can get to the door

14. Tantic Gems: 1/31

Im not shure i quite understand u ... what should i say to the painting and where will it take me then what do i do?

sorrie if im being stupid

Thanks in advance

15. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You're not being stupid. You have to say "Lysan" to the painting. Now you will be teleported in a small room with a very nasty trap to the north. You can't disarm it and you won't be able to open the door behind it. But west of you there is a secret door (displayed purple). Click on it and now you will be able to open it. No get to the prism. Aim it north and be sure the mirror on the north is pointing to the west. Now fire it and the door to the alter should be opened.

Good luck

16. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

:yot: You already have a topic for this. Look there for answers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.