1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MageDuel

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Chad, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Sir Chad Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Is anyone else able to get the mage dual addon because everytime i try the link fails. :almostmad: Would anyone be able to send it to me via e-mail.:holy:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If anyone downloaded MageDuel, please send it to me so that I can put it on SP for other people to download. The link to its site is dead.

P.S.
    I got the file, I'll put it on SP with the next update.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited March 01, 2002).]

3. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

urm, one question...

have you asked the maker for permission to put that file up?

because it sounds like a good course of action to me...

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] How can I ask him when their site is down?! :rolleyes:
    It's not like I know the e-mail of whoever made it by heart.

I'm doing them a favour by putting it up. And I really resent you implication. Every single thing that is on SP is there either by permission, direct contribution or made by me. But if I can't contact the author of whatever, I obviously can't ask them for permission.

Of course, if you know where their website went, feel free to give me the link and I'll change it. I'm just trying to make sure that another flop like what you had with the Planar Sphere mod doesn't happen. Unlike TeamBG, when I link to something I usually also have a backup that I can put online if the official site goes down for whatever reason.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Actually Deano, instead of bragging, please provide mail addy or ICQ number the author of MageDuel uses.

6. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

bragging? pardon me? what bragging did i do?

a) none

b) oh, NONE!

i was just suggesting that you contact the author about putting it up. MageDuel must have a readme somewhere, which probably has Ajoc (yeah the main author's) name in there and email address. But just for you guys i'll post it here :

deeplytragic@hotmail.com

*sigh*

7. Apocalypse_Razel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey,
    Ah... are you broken, Deano was being polite curtious and for damn sure wasn't bragging.

-Apoc

8. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] How was he being polite? I take personal offence when someone is trying to instruct me how I should go about doing things on SP. Especially when I've been running SP since 98.

So thanks, but don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs, Deano.

The file has one txt in it which explains how to install it. And that's it. No info of whatsoever who the author is.

Thanks for finally providing it.

9. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

when did i *instruct* you?

/me looks puzzled

all i asked was a simple question if you had got the author's permission, and i get my head bitten off.

lighten up around here... sheesh...

10. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] What gave you the idea to presume that if I had a way of contacting the author that I wouldn't do it?

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] From FAQ - rules:
    :evil:

Errr, eggs, insults, etc etc...
    MUAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:

Yea, I know, there goes my -50...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.