1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My new party (still boring though)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Bahir the Red, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Bard 11/fighter 4/paladin x Dualwielding carsomyr or whatever that paladin sword was called, with maximized long sword skill (from fighter levels) and it can sing that good bard song at 11th level

Druid x cool spellcaster and shapeshifter

monk 1/ cleric x dualwielding axes, cool spellcaster (added this char later, not sure if I wanna keep it)

Fighter 4/diviner x Arcane archer with lots of spells, I leave the summoning magics to the druid and priest

Thoughs? Comments? Does it suck?

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

why monk/cleric? if you equip him with armor and weapons and only have 1 level of monk, it wont really do much will it?

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    yeah, monk is only worthwhile if you are going to use him as one. 1 level of monk is worthless, because you lose any real bonuses by equiping with weapons and armour.

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

I use weapons but not armor. That way I still have the wis bonus to armor class, and I can use cool monk items that gives nice bonuses.

5. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

And a monk level gives Evasion (I think).

6. Alphidius Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Correct, that's also a Rogue ability at 2nd level.

Monks Features & Restrictions
    - Cannot use two-handed weapons
    - Gain additional point in AC for every five levels of experience
    - Monks who succeed at a Reflex saving throw avoid all damage
    - Lose many of their special abilities if they wear armor or carry a shield
    - Feats: Martial Weapon Proficiency: Axe
    - Feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency: All
    - Must be Lawful alignment
    - 1-8 hit points per level

Monks Level Benefits
    1st: gain Evasion and Stunning Blow ability
    2nd: gain the Deflect Arrows feat
    3rd: get +2 saves against enchantment spells & move faster than other characters (by 2 units)
    4th: do 1-8(1d8) points of damage with their bare hands
    5th: immune to disease
    6th: increase foot speed (by 2 units), gain additional speed increases every 3 levels beyond sixth
    7th: heal up to twice their level in hit points on themselves everyday
    8th: do 1-10(1d10) points of damage with their bare hands
    9th: take only half damage when they fail a Reflex saving throw (Improved Evasion feat)
    10th: can strike creatures that are only affected by magical weapons (+1 enchantment attack)
    11th: are immune to poison
    12th: do 1-12(1d12) points of damage when unarmed
    13th: gain spell resistance of 10 + Monk level
    14th: no change
    15th: gain the Quivering Palm ability; victim must make a Fortitude saving throw or immediately die
    16th: do 1-20(1d20) points of damage when unarmed, can strike creatures only affected by +3 or better magical weapons
    17th: immune to fatigue
    18th: no change
    19th: ability to become ethereal for 2 rounds a number of times per day equal to level/2
    20th: damage reduction of 20/+1 (negates first 20 points of damage unless a +1 weapon is used)

Alittle lengthy. Got it from my manual and Prima guide book, hope this helps :)

[ August 21, 2004, 15:41: Message edited by: Alphidius ]

7. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

Thinking of a solo later: Bard 11/figher 4/paladin 1/monk x

kinda cool

8. Xyfiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Bards and paladins have conflicting alignments. Are you using the ease of use mod to bypass alignment issues?

Heres some ideas I just came up with
    Bard11/sorc18/pal1
    For caster with some melee, I suggest aasimar

Bard11/sorc12/fighter4/pal3
    Aasimar 18/18/16/3/5/20
    Then you can buff pretty well and use tensers. You will have a ton of low level buffs. You could trade 1 pal level for monk if you have to have evasion, but exp penalty will go to 40%.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.