1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weeping Widow

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Setzer, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Setzer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Did a search and didn't see this mentioned before but here's a tip, if you're just starting the game like me, to get some extra gold. After you get Veira's tear in the bottle, take it back to Elytharra and she'll offer to give you 500gp for the bottle or make an enchanted dagger for you. Have her enchant the dagger. Now take it to a shop keeper like Deidre and you can sell it for 16K gold. :)

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

16K?!
    I believe you may be incorrect - IIRC the dagger was worth less then 500 gp by it is *definitely* not worth 16K.
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong by I think that 160gp is a lot closer then 16.000 gp
    But maybe Deidre gives more then most merchants, I didn't sell the dagger until later in the game because I like to drag useles but cool stuff around.
    :borg:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, I never got 16,00o for it.... I too only ever got 500 for it. You must have had about 50 charisma and Fusion-powered Mercantile Background. :borg:

4. Setzer Gems: 1/31

Well, that's what I got for it. *shrug*

Unless, of course, Weimer's Undead Targos mod changes the value of it but I sold it and received 16k for the dagger. Want to see a screen shot? lol

5. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Maybe the dagger is better in HoF and they forgot to change the monetary reward accordingly?

6. Setzer Gems: 1/31

I took a screen shot so you all could see. Oh, and I'm not playing in HoF mode either.

Veira's Sorrow

If I wasn't suppose to get this amount for it then maybe I should uninstall the Undead Targos mod. I didn't want to cheat my way through the game and having 16k this early might make things too easy than they should be. I didn't think 16k was all that much considering the cost on some of the magical items I've come across....some are well over 100k in cost. :eek:

7. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That's definitely Heart of Fury because you can't find "Tales of the Executioner's Wife" in Normal, you can find "The Executioner's Wife" but not Tales, (at least IIRC). I also don't remember the Branching Paths of Kuldahar nor the Hawk's Feather. I don't even remember the Kegsplitter (as it was called in Normal, it wasn't the Kegsplitter of Shaengarne Ford) costing around 99K either.

Either the Targos Undead mod made things appear similar to Heart of Fury's prologue, or you're simply playing in Heart of Fury.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Unless you have the 'HoF items in Normal mode' mod installed......then you get those 100k items showing up in normal mode.

9. MilanChe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A coment of the screenshot:

"When a fool goes carrying a dead cat around, that's when you need to start asking yourself some serious questions." - Anson :D

10. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

According to Near Infinity, that dagger costs 32000, so I suppose its price is reduced by half when you sell it. This should make some interesting comment about Lady Elythara's barter skill :D

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

wtf? i'm playing normal IWD2 with no mods or patches and I'm SURE that I sold the dagger for LESS than 500 because i chose both options and decided to take the money. IIRC the dagger cost around 260 or something in that area.

12. Setzer Gems: 1/31

Lol

I rolled when I read that part. Some of the dialogue in this game is just classic.

I understand, though, if you keep the dead bodies you find in your inventory you get something towards the end of the game.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Seltzer: really? what do you get? and which dead bodies are we talking about?

hehe i thought i'd get xp for the cat too. just in case, ive got the skull from orias room in my inventory. is that gonna be of any use or should i junk it now?

14. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The answer to the question of what you "get" at the end of the game is

*SPOILER*

Carry the body of a dead man, woman, and child and when you reach the Severed Hand go up to the fourth floor and head into the Cleric's Tower. You'll meet Yquog for a second time if you didn't kill him in Chapter One. Carrying the bodies will fluster him and garner you 1000 xp. You'll still have to fight him though.

*END SPOILER*

15. MilanChe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, it isn't anything substantial, or very rewarding, but it's a really nice touch, something that a dungeon crawl like IWD needs.
    Anson's comments never convinced me to drop the cat. :D

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You only need any one of the bodies to get the 1000XP. However different combinations of bodies will get you different responses ang its worth carrying one of each kind (man, woman, child or cat) just for laughs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.