1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name Thy Favorite Weapon.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kabuki Man, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] What is Your Weapon of Choice? Not Dual Weilding, Not your favorite set up, not extra stuff. What is your Singly Favorite Weapon in the Game?

Mine you ask? HoF Holy Avenger. Light of Cera Sumat. Ta Da.
    :D

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

my socrerer's finger

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Club of Disruption. Even disrupts Nicademuses...

It is so much fun for "the 6"...

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

So much fun for the six? As far as I know, it's near impossible to disrupt the 6.

I liked the Greatsword with added damage to humanoids.

5. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

yeah that greatsword of Sherincal's is cool. But i must say, if they brought back Pale Justice with beefed up stats to at least tie the holy avenger, i would grab that instantly.

6. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Bah, the scimitar of Souls +3 is easily the best weapon in the game,due to the level drain ability, but its hard to kill Iyachtu Xvim to get it

I also love that sword that heals people if you hit them with it- perhaps not the most useful item in the game, but it's the thought that counts....

7. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] mr rogue are you talking about that sword that does NO damage but heals every hit? :D

8. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

:lol:
    good one teekc :D

i would have to say.. short sword of disruption +5, i got it by finishing rank 10 of battle square.

9. wckowalski Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I thought rank 10 of battle square gives you a +5 shortsword of brilliant energy, not disruption.

I noticed that the smith in Kuldahar sold a greatsword of brilliant energy, unfortunatly the only 2 handed weapon using character in my party was a barbarian and this weapon could only be used by a lawful character. I believe it was called the "cleaver".

10. ak47 Gems: 1/31

My paladin is using the halberd of the north currently. pretty decent. Does a maximum of 38 damage and is 2 handed. With my paladin's strength levels I get +5 extra damage. With power attack I get another 5 damage. I can hit every now and then with 60-70 damage (including criticals). Suddenly I'm not regretting having taken greater cleave when surrounded by melee enemies (and I have the armour which has 10% of sunfire cast). At the moment I breeze through the Yuan-ti with just one character...my sorceror is getting bored!

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For me, it's the Cera Sumat.

It's spell resistance is not that high. But for fights that really count, all you need is the Holy Aura spell and your Paladin is practically a demigod.

The other reason its my favorite is the quite fascinating story behind the weapon itself. Six really despicable fiends doing all sorts of horrific deeds, their crime against the little girl topping the cake, no one can muster the courage or power to stand up to them, and along comes an elderly warrior out of retirement to put them in their place.

12. ak47 Gems: 1/31

Haven't got the holy avenger yet this time through the game. Would be a great weapon for combat. The magic resistance doesn't really matter for me because my paladin is a drow and his innate resistance is just fine so far.

But yes - very interesting story.

I also remember coming across a protean hammer (can't remember where) - pretty good in combat and goofy story about how farmers were growing potatoes for gold then became fed up when given magical items like the hammer.

13. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i think the sword from rank 10 might be brilliance or something..

forgive my ignorance, but how do you get cera sumat? i dont usually use paladins so i never bothered looking, but hearing all the good things about it i might need it someday.
    i know you get the light of cera sumat in HoF mode.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.