1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Multiclassing Issues

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by BLINGGGjuice, Aug 8, 2003.

1. BLINGGGjuice Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] 1st off im a complete novice to multiclassing,i grew up playing games like asteroids,pacman,original book based d&d,hexagon military board & pc(more recently)games,and final fantasy series,i havent any experience with baldours gate either.Ive played this game once to the end of level 5,with single class characters only(unfortunately tweak xp deleted the save) :mad: so ive decided to multiclass this time but i still need 1 more character and if my multi class characters are acceptable? :confused: The Disturbed Clan of Tribulation

mmy vieing leaders:
    Golden Touch-aasimar-cleric?/sorcerer?
    healer/buffer/sum./bomb.
    Heavens Quake-wildelf-rogue3/sorcerer13
    summoner/bombadier
    my other members:
    Rock-shield dwarf-fighter16-tank
    would he be better with only some levels fighter and then all the way with barbarian?
    Lightfoot-lightheart-rogue3/fighter13
    dexterity based fighter-scout&tank
    Darkshade-tiefling-rogue3/wizard13
    bomb./sum./support
    Last character????????

[ August 08, 2003, 11:00: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

First off, why do you only have up to 16 levels in each class? The cap is 30.

On the aasmir, I would give a lot of levels in the cleric, as you dont' have any other healers, and only a few levels of sorcerer. At least get the cleric to the level where it can cast heal.

On the wild elf, unless you plan to make it a character that disables traps and open's locks, I would change the rogue to fighter or even just go pure sorcerer.

On the sheild dwarf: either way, if you goe with the barabarian though, I would give 15 levels of barabarian and 15 levels of fighter, for the greater rage and the fighters feats.

On the halfing; first off, isnt' the race lightfoot and strongheart, not lightheart?
    As for the classes, if the other character isn't going to disable the traps and open locks, give lots of rogue levels (15 or 20) and the other levels make fighter for the feats.

On the teifling, agian, if you don't plan to make them the rogue that gets rid of traps and locks, I would drop the rogue class and go with 20 levels of wizard and 10 levels of fighter. The problem with this is that neither of these are the favored class, so you might want to reconsider your race or role of that party member.

Your last character: if you don't want any of those others to be a rogue that takes out traps and locks, I would make it this character, with either some levels of fighter or sorcerer (probably fighter in this case, because of all the magic you already have). If you already have that, then I would take another tank.

Hope that helped.

3. BLINGGGjuice Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the good advice,unfortunatly I started already. :eek:
    I added a monk/druid to beef things up.
    I only tried multiclassing rogue in because I read it on some guide, I'm probably going to get slaughtered here shortly! :(
    I've just killed the Orc encampment,not too bad so far.My group is just now going to level up in their main classes(level one). Ya I know,my groups mainly a bunch of cutthroats. I guess I never got over that fallout2 mentality! Hey and wouldn't it be nice if you could get all the items from the merchants for zero dollars, like F2. I don't ask for much do I? :rolleyes:
    My rogue fighter is my scout!Last time around after the rogue played bait for my bombadiers,he'd have to go retreat and shoot arrows from afar.This time with some fighter I hoped I could go in with dual weapons and help out the tanks more? :confused:
    I made my cleric/sorcerer Aasimar to take advantage of the plus 2 modifiers in wisdom and charisma.I had planned on keeping there levels close to avoid the experience penalty? :confused:
    I found the first time I played that aside from buffers,I really only used the clerics resurrection and full heal spells during battle. The one spell that brings you back but you lose a level I feel is ridiculous!I never really used the group heal spells.I would just try to get through the battles with 0-2 deaths,then afterward bring back and/or heal everybody by converting all them left over spells the cleric always has.Then again I only got to the middle of the final chapter last time before my save got deleted,so I have no idea how tough it gets at the very end or in HOF mode? :confused:
    Ya it's lightfoot halfling, my bad! :cool:
    Thanks again for trying to save me from myself.Hopefully with only 3 levels rogue on my casters they won't be to diluted? :eek:

4. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

two weapon fighting is the domain of rangers unless you take the feats with the fighter.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.