1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

chamber of silk - spiders

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Rogarth, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Rogarth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Much to my surprise I am getting killed every time vs spiders. I have sent my high HP Fighter and Monk in & they got toasted. Please help.

2. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well... the spiders poison you, so good fortitude is a must. Monks are preferable because they can avoid attacks. Your monk SHOULD have "Wholeness of Body" by now. If you see your hit points getting below half, go ahead and use that ability to regain some hit points. It's a lot of spiders, but it is feasible. Also, if you have power attack, you may want to turn it off. The extra damage isn't always worth it if you're facing enemies that can't be hit easily.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Do you have a cleric? A few flamestrikes blast away all spiders. :) Be sure to have protection from fire cast on your cleric in advance, because you'll be in the middle of the flamestrike because the spiders attack you.

You might cast Animate Dead to use that as a target for the spiders and get some of the damage of your hide.

4. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i think flamestrike is for druid..

try with two tanks with lots of potions.(for hp and poison)..

if you want a cleric do the job make sure she/he is multiclass to a fighter(battleguard of tempus maybe)

5. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Clerics can have flamestrike too. Another way would me to have a character with cleave(?), IIRC that's the one which allows you to make an extra attack when you kill an opponent. If he has power attack, that would be nice too. I used my ranger with two weapons. It worked out fine.

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I used my tank and my mage (all loaded with fire spells.)

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

All of the above are decent ways, but I have the best. :p

Check this, go to the neareast corner, turn around and cast wall of fire diagonaly. Gets 'em everytime. Your character gets to sit there and just laugh.

In my experience a druid can handle the chambers top-notch. Shapeshift dire bear (see my icon for further reference ;) ) makes any monk look like filet mingnon.

[ February 19, 2003, 05:08: Message edited by: Big B ]

8. knightblade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I used a sorcerer, cast improved invisibility and equipped the sword that doesn't allow you to be webbed (sorry I can't remember the name of the weapon) then walk around and draw out all the spiders. After that cast fireball and watch them burn. Oh, and don't cast to near yourself cause that's suicide

[ February 19, 2003, 15:07: Message edited by: knightblade ]

9. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

sunfire x2 and its over

10. Istari of Thay Banned

I used a druid, summoned a couple of bears, turned me into a bear...

And, well... killed them...

(Which difficulty are you playing,
    this worked fine on Insane)

11. bluey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm with Bhaals buddy -

For this chamber alone, I sent my wizard in - sunfire x2 - no muss no fuss and very little hp loss.

I also use sunfire x2 to get all those annoying jellies in Dragon eye.

12. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I simply got in with my Diviner. Mirror Image first then wait for all spiders to show out.
    When they all appear, she yelled out hard and killed all of them... :alien:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.