1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yay, I beat the game on Normal! Now how do I start HoF?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Klorox, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

[​IMG] I just beat the game last night, and after watching the final little movie, I had to leave immediately. So I haven't actually tried to do this yet.

How do I go about getting my party to start over in HoF mode? TIA

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Congratulations ! :banana:
    I'd just export the characters and reimport them when you start the new HoF game.

Do you mind introducing your heroes who saved the north and tell about their special experiences so that bards can sing about their glorious deeds ? :smash: :smash: :smash: :banana: :banana: :banana:

3. Klorox

I'll tell y'all all about it in a bit, but how do I export characters? I can't find any "final save" as I have in the Baldur's Gate games (like when I exported from BG1 to BG2). Weird.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

First, congratulations for beating the game! Last fight was cool, eh?

The game auto-exports the final state of your characters when you beat it. Look for IWD2-tagged character files and import them into a HoF game.

Enable HoF from Configuration screen (when the game is not running) start a new game, import your characters and have fun! HoF is still fun most of the time! :thumb:

Watch out, those high lvl heroes who saved the North from terrible demons are about to cry when they face HoF goblins! :hahaerr:

5. Klorox

I got it to work.

I manually exported them after replaying the final battle (there's a period of time after killing Isair and Madae before you leave the tower and trigger the ending movie to do this). I couldn't figure out any other way of doing it.

Man, HoF is tough!

Thanks for the help guys. :)

6. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

HoF isn´t tough.Is Hell on hearth if you are not well prepared and well aware of the difference between your party and the rest of the enemy monstrs(even those lousy 1HD goblins of Targos).The most of the times, you are going to hit the "reload" button much more than "level" one.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Actually HoF isn't that tough, especially the earlier parts.
    Summons which you don't get in normal mode before the end can now be sent versus little goblins and similar weaklings, additional available "save or die" spells like mass dominate can make most of the game even easier than your first run.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.