1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bard

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by tsunami, Feb 23, 2003.

1. tsunami Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Iam now making a bard/sorcer in my party wich items feats should it have?

2. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] bard's ring....

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Spell Penetration (2 times)
    Lingering Song

As for items, you'll find those passing through the game.

4. Narnian from the North Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I remeber a wery poverfull bardik item from iwd1,Bardik horn of vallhalla. Have anyone found it in iwd2?

5. BGP Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There are only 4-5 items designed for bards that I can recall.

1. The harp that you get in Severed Hand
    2. The pipe that blesses
    3. The wheezing dragon pipes
    4. The pipe that blows cone of cold
    5. The Bard's Ring

Of those, I used #4 and #2 all the time.

Anything else?

[ February 25, 2003, 15:30: Message edited by: BGP ]

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The horn, the horn, the damn horn that summon instand 3~6 damn barbarians in no damn time. This is the sole reason why you want a bard in every band. You can buy this horn from the werewolf merchant at the start of chapter 2.

[ February 25, 2003, 18:35: Message edited by: teekc ]

7. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeah, that horn that summons barbarians is mighty helpful. I use those barbarians anytime there's a major battle where I'm facing more than 10-15 creatures at a time (so I use them fairly regularly.) They make great fodder when you need them. Can't go wrong with instant summons.

8. tsunami Gems: 1/31

What weapons shoudl my bard/sorcer use?
    Should i use a bow as main , and then dual wield somthing?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    He's not a born frontliner with the stats you need and around 0,625 fighter's BAB, I'd say, so bow yes, but dual wielding costs two feats. Speaking about feats you could see what schools you're going to use often and take focuses on them (evocation in the first place, I guess) and feats like spirit of flame or aegis of rhime basing on what element your favourite spells involve. Lingering song will make the effects of your song last 2 rounds after you stop singing, so you could cast a spell and continue singing with no interruption of the buffs.

10. wckowalski Gems: 1/31

I found "The dire loot of (some name I forget)" which casts dire charm once a day. I also found some item which casts emotion:hope, but it had a lifetime total of 16 charges. I also found some item whose name I forget that you could equip in the shield slot which gave +2 strength.

11. Ihsahn Gems: 1/31

I found the horn that summons barbarian very useful, especially if there is a doorway or small path. Summon the barbarians so the enemy can't pass, then let your archers and spell casters unload from a distance.

12. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I don't use bards often, but it always sucks when i see a musical instrument with cool effects that i Can't Use .. *Sigh* When i first saw the bardic horn of valhalla, i didn't think it was that impressive.. But i've heard such great things about it, you guys really use fodder that much?

*personally tends to take a lot of fighters, or solo fighter.*

Ne other bard toys that are Good?

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Fodder has always been a staple of the Interplay games.

Startrek: 25th Aniversary had red shirts. That were always getting stunned or vaped.

Fallout had Ian and Tycho and Dogmeat. They were always getting wiped out by mutants with laser rifles at the end of the game.

Icewind has got barbarians and goblins.

They can hold off, just long enough for all your spell casters to get at least one (if not two) spells off. And eveyone drinking potions that they need too.

Now, personally, my strike team of Jedi need neither potions nor spells. But before everyone found their litesabers, I had to slug it out, and summoning items and area effect spells were heavily used. I'd just nuke the entire site with two firestorms. Sure I hit my summoned fodder guys. But I hit the enemy, as well.

Just like King Richard or the Emperor Palpatine would have done. Yeah!!!

14. Jarlaxle Gems: 1/31

Bards are really good. with a high CHA score and max ranks in bluff, diplomacy and the Mercantile Background he's a valuable assset in getting a discount at stores and opening up different dialog options. and the 11th level song that lets your party regenerate 3 hp per round is not too shabby either. in my opinion a Bard/Sorceror is not a good idea. it would be better to have two characters single class as either one. have the sorceror have offensive spells (evocation/acid arrow) and the bard have back up spells like hold person, charm, invisibility, identify, etc.

and by the way fodder makes a battle sooo much easier. i have my cleric always memorize 3 animate undead and a few summon monsters. there's nothing like having 3 bone golems walking around with your party.. :D :D

[ March 13, 2003, 05:55: Message edited by: Jarlaxle ]

15. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I rally change my mind about the bards when I started to used him with the right spells and wepons, made him to suport my others characters with songs and charming the enemy with spells.

16. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

does the bard cast spells quicker the higher the level he/she is?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.