1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Icewind Dale 2 portraits?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What did you think of the Icewind Dale 2 portraits in general?

In my opinion, they were average. Some are worse, some are better.

[ October 15, 2003, 20:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 19 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Icewnd Dale 2 portraits? (19 votes.)

What would you rate the Icewind Dale 2 portraits? (Choose 1)
    * 3( excellent! ) - 26% (5)
    * 2(OK, average) - 68% (13)
    * 1( horrible, they were so bad they made me angry! ) - 5% (1)
    * no opinion - 0% (0)

2. The Black Raven Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

average. But some were just real s***

I also tend to pick the same ones over and over again because of a lack of cool ones.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Compared to the BG2 ones, they are brilliant. I prefer the ones from the original IWD over the IWD2 ones as I like the portrait style they used.

4. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The IWD2 portraits are o.k. i guess. I almost always use custom portraits, so i didn't really care.

5. The Black Raven Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

yes I forgot to mention that

6. Tanari Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i would use custom ones but i can't find any good one can you tell me a site to get good ones

7. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31

Well, you can always make your own. However, try HERE .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  8. Khelios Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i'm kind of new to the game.. can anyone tell me which is the directory the game is refering to to place the custom portraits?

"To use a custom portrait, place it in the Portraits directory (in the install directory for the game)"

These are the exact words but it doesn't seem to be working...

9. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31

If I remember correctly, you need to create the "portraits" folder in your IWD2 directory.
    That should take care of it.

10. Imost Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A little off topic here, but... how do you place portraits in the place of gems in this forum again? It says it requires a URL, but I'm unfamiliar with that sort of fing... Can someone help?
    Just so I don't go too far off topic here, I think the IWD2 portraits are rather good, being full body and all. Some of those people are just plain ugly, though :) .

11. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Before someone nukes you for that, you better check out the faq. It explains everything you need to know.

To find out what you can do to earn a portrait, go read the faq, it has a lot of other things that may be helpful to read as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.