1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Best Parties

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

[​IMG] Allright! It's time for me to play IWD2 again! But what party should I create this time???

Should I create a heavy-hitting melee mage disaster party ... or should it be an all out offensive arcane party? By the way, does anyone out there actually create a pure druid? I'm also looking for ideas about which weapons each character should use as well as their roles they'll each play.

Anyways, I'm just looking for a super-dooper powerful party. If anyone has any ideas or wants to post their entire parties with stats, weapons etc feel free!!!

Now, i might just go and get the details of my old party and compare with all the new ones ... :D

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Hehe, just do a search on my recent posts, I've been trying to figure out the same thing! :)

3. Mudde Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you want ideas you should read the Jupp that can be found on this page.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Yeah I've seen it ... but I want to know what everyone else is doing with their parties and such.

5. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I created a pure druid :o . She's not bad her offensive magic is pretty cool i love smashing wave and unlike a cleric she actually has ok level 9 spells(though i just give her mass heal to free up the clerics very important level 8 spells). And seeing as i have 2 arcane casters(sorc and wizard) and 2 clerics she fits well into the party as a back up healer and offensive caster who can also melee quite well (though in HoF everyone is mean to her :( )

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Hey, what's the best class to dual a thief with, cause not people use a straight thief do they?

7. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, wizard is the usual choice. something like a thief 2\wizard x. although it can be dueled with the melee types(especially monks) to give them more damage potential and perks (evasion, etc).

8. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Monks already get evasion on their on and at a lower level

9. Fly2tHeSkY

But do you use the high level thief abilities, or doesn't anyone ever progress them that far. Sneak Attack is pretty good in the normal game, but in HoF I don't know.

10. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Hmm, I've been considering a half orc Rogue 10/Barbarian x as a sort of stealth/shock berserker character, but have never got around to actually trying him out. Working in tandem with a tank I think he could be a beast. Anyone else tried a character with 10+ rogue levels?

11. Fly2tHeSkY

I tried a straight rogue but then changed over to a mage after a while, but i think it was too late. The rouge got the HLA's but most of them weren't worth it. I need to know a good level to dual at.

12. krunchyfrogg Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

I had some cool combos, but I dont know how good they are:

female drow ftr 2/monk2/pal2/ranger1/cleric x
    deep gnome rogue 1/monk 1/banite 1/illusionist x

i know these are powerful, probably cheesy guys, but i say i dont know how good they are because i dont know how viable an option they are. for instance, and the end of the game, the first character will stomp a singleclassed cleric. but at, for example, level 10, a cleric 10 is better than a cleric 3 with a whole bunch of warriors thrown in. the comparison is a level 10 cleric vs. a level 1 cleric if the level 10 cleric doesnt have an ecl penalty.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.