1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon's Eye

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Shadowcouncil, May 1, 2005.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] Hey all. I seem to have a small problem in Dragon's Eye. There's an hydraulic door wich is locked. I put Wyvern Poison in all four fountains but nothing happened.... did anyone had the same problem? How can it be solved?

Please tell me how to get that bloody door unlocked :)

2. konny666 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Did you kill that yuan-ti High Priest yet? named "Thrymaschus" or something? He'll first appear to you as a little boy.

(make sure you actually kill him... in one of my games he enabled Sanctuary during the battle and ran off the map... I could never find him again, and that game was screwed up permanently so I had to go to a 3-hour-previous savegame)

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You need to kill the Thorascus who is disguised as a child after a bridge, inorder to cross bridge, you must have a histachi potion , turn into a histaci and go through a passage you can't go before, click a button. In order to get histaci potion you need Nhereo's different herb and the Alchemist, then argh it is damn confusing and complex, get a walkthrough this place is bugged and soooo annoying.

For the hydrolic doors, be sure to put wyvern poison on water containers in the map. For wyvern poison you need wyvern stingers and an alchemist.

IT SUCKS.

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Dragon's Eye. Bug filled in more sence than one :lol:

That door will only unlock if you have killed Thorasskus.
    You need the modified mandrake juice to turn into a histaschi. Then go open the lever behind the northern histachi-eyed room. This opens the draw-bridge to the south.
    Kill the efreeties there and have your pally talk to the kid. The fight is not yet over. Go thru the south-eastern hole back out to the centre of the map (where a statue is in the middle of a large room).
    Kill Thorasskus here and the gate will now open.

Loot carefully. There is a quest item in there.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hm, I'm starting to smell trouble here :)

I thought I killed the High Priestress.... but the strange thing is that we didn't find her loot.

I did all other things I had to do in that map.... so it should have something to do with that... I even used Dalekeeper to get four potions of wyvern poison to put them in the foutain. The hydrolic door remains locked...

Reloading is a very bad solution for meanwhile, I did that nasty fight to get the Holy Avenger... but better a bad solution then no solution at all.... :)

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You must kill Thorasskus. He runs away from you when you beat on him enough, so you have to go looking for him. He'll be somewhere on the map. Once he's dead, and the poison is in the fountains, the door will open.

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm experiencing a problem that was described here. Namely, I poisoned all 4 water fountains in Dragon's Eye level 3, yet the door to the next level won't open. I don't know whether I killed the High Priest, but assuming he runs away, where would he be? I've gone around all the level and can't find him.

9. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

If Thorasskus runs away, he should be found in the central room of the level, i.e. the snake room. (The room with all the false doors and a small snake altar-thingy in the middle.)

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I managed to kill him at last. Found him in the central room, as you'd said. He was hiding in a tiny niche in the wall, which is why I hadn't seen him on a previous search. Finally managed to kill him!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.