1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druid stuck as a boar! (Patch did not fix.)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Geoff, May 28, 2005.

1. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi all, I recently started playing IWDII, and I've got a druid in my party who was shape changed into a boar at one point when I took a level up. I don't know if that's the cause of my problem, but I suspect it is. Now, whenever I try get my druid to shapechange (into anything, even a boar again), the game closes and I return to windows. No error messages to help.
    I do not have the patch installed. Would this fix my problem? I've looked through the technical FAQ and did not find anything on this subject.

Thanks in advance,
    Geoff

[ May 29, 2005, 00:16: Message edited by: Geoff ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, install the patch for starters... why are you playing without it anyway?

3. Geoff Gems: 6/31

No particular reason. I just haven't bothered to download it yet. I'll go do that, and post back whether it fixes my problem or not. (It may be a while, I'm on 28.8. :/ )
    Thanks Taluntain.

EDIT:
    I've installed the patch and the problem still persists. For what it's worth, I'm in the Ice Wall, the place where you kill Sherincle.
    I'd try reverting to save game before I took that level up, but that was a long time ago and I now longer have a save at that point.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT 2:
    I've found a partial solution. I kill my druid, then raise the dead on her. She comes back as a boar, but I can then transmute back to human form. The problem still persists, however, in a way that I haven't fully worked out yet (I don't really like having to reload IWDII very often). After I had raised her from the dead, I clicked shapechange to a boar (which she was at the time) so that worked. Then it crashed when I tried to go back to human.
    What's worse, I can't get any of my weapons back that I had on her. You know when you're shapechanged, you can't change weapons? Well, I kill her, raise her, then her equipment is unreachable. I click it, and my guys act like it's a wall.

Any suggestions this time around? :/ It really sucks playing with a 6 person party when only 5 of your characters are of any use.

[ May 29, 2005, 02:26: Message edited by: Geoff ]

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Kill/Ressurect is pretty much the standard issue cure for this problem. If even that is not working, you might as well dump this one and create a clone.

Redistribute all her inventory - keep a note of stuff like XP, levels, feats & skills - delete charecter - create new charecter and level her up via console.

Oh! And you dont really need to spend time killing her and then ressurecting her; enablecheatkeys and then Ctrl-R with the mouse pointing on her.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I would prefer to use the Dalekeeper

6. Geoff Gems: 6/31

Thanks for the ideas guys. I made a replica of her, though it ment losing my Moonblade of Selune. (I couldn't find the console code for creating that.)
    Anyways, I still have the same problem. If I shapeshift, I cannot shapeshift again, for the game will crash.
    Maybe I should just try a reinstall...

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Moonblade of Selune
    00SWDL09

:hmm: It is classified as short sword but the item description says that the feat required is long sword :heh:

8. Geoff Gems: 6/31

Aah thanks Shrikant. :)
    Yummy yummy undead hunting. Death to the restless dead! ... er?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.