1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3 person party...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by The other White meat, Nov 7, 2002.

1. The other White meat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok here it is, im planing to make a party of
    2 drow rangers with duel wield
    1 drow rogue/sorc

does this have a chance of working?
    i dont really want to change the first 2 drow but the rogue/sorc is kind of up in the air.
    what other classes would be good for my 3rd drow?
    thanks.

2. looserboy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Are you sure you want to have two drow rangers? My ranger is moon elf. I think drows aren't too good for fighters becasue they get a minus to hit and damage while in the sunlight. Of course, you probably want an all drow party.
    I'd have a drow sorcerer/rogue, and two aasimar paladins. Paladins can cover a little healing and mine is a pretty good tank.

3. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I would change the rogue/sorcerer to a bard/sorcerer. The bard will get a few healing spells, and many of the rogue skills are not essential. You can bash locks, stumble through traps, your rangers can scout and the bard can pickpocket.

4. Belwar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I would change the other ranger to a fighter, human maybe. I'd change the Rogue/sorcerer to sorcerer/crelic. I dont think that you'd need a rogue, because fighters can open the locks and You can run trough traps(i allways do :) )

5. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

One thing to consider with the Rogue Sorcerer is that you will need to keep his or her levels almost equal so that you do not get an xp penalty.

My 3 character drow party suggestions: 1 male or female ranger, 1 female cleric (maybe take 1-4 levels of fighter since cleric is female drows favored class), and one male wizard (with 1 level of ranger for dual wield and weapon/armor feats).

Sorcerers are cool, and personally I think rogues rock, but since wizard is a drows favored class---take advantage of it... And also, while you can play this game without a cleric using one can be extremely helpful. Bane or Talos both would work well for this party (or you could use Mask and dual as a cleric rogue) and both get you a few good dialogue options throughout the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.