1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

endgame bug... or just me dreaming? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Bhaal's Drinking Buddy, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

OK, just completed game yesterday, one thing I must say.
    After I beat up the twins and they teleported to the pool and after I chased after them, here's what happened.
    I originally did NOT put the water---the one I got from the Ilmater chant/spell that you have to fight Xvim for---in the pool that Isair and Madae drink from.
    So I fight them next to the pool, I put the water in, and instantly Orrick teleports in, talks about the Mythal, and the twins die.
    This is weird since in teekc's strategy guide he said to "polish them up good". I was waiting for yet another fight but they didn't deliver.
    Tell me, is this a bug, or is it supposed to happen?

[ March 03, 2003, 15:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I once had a bug whereby I couldn't kill either of the twins no matter how much damage I inflicted on them. Isair was "almost dead" for two or three minutes and even though I inflicted several hundred points of damage on her after that she just wouldn't die. So I think the end of the quite is quite buggy.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Bhaal's Drinking Buddy, I really never saw such report before - and I'm not pretty sure that such thing is per design.

But I've experienced the same bug as dshadow. I'm unsure why exactly that happens, but if it happens in your game that twins are invulnerable, simply restart IWD2 and load the game again on the latest auto-save.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] When Isair is almost dead his dialogue doesn't always start - like Irenicus in BG2.

Either becuase he's too injured (stupid I know) tries to cast a spell, gets attacked/hit and it overrides the dialogue or simply your game is bugged and it won't load it unless you try to talk to him - however in IWD2 you can't. :( lame...

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

A friend of mine had Isair down to almost dead for literally half an hour and finally we worked out the the culprit was Orrick. He did not teleport to the correct place for the end sequence and when we talked to him he talked about finishing the Ilmater ritual...reload time...

6. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31

I really need an answer. If you're reading this and you are playing the severed hand, try what I did and DON'T put the water in the pool. See what happens in the end. If it happens like I described, come post here.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The first time I played through there, I was playing with 60 AI updates per second. I was also using those killswords too, I think.

Anyways, everything worked on schedule. I had put the poison in the fountain already. And everything triggered ok.

I'm at the point right now. I just got into the tower, again, and I'm still cleared it out and doing the required quests. I'll hold off with the poison until the very last second.

Did you fight the twins at all? Or when you got to that part, did you immediately just walk over and put the poison in?

8. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think I put the poison in the pool long before the fight even started (isn't that what you're supposed to do?) so neither Isair or Madae got to take advantage of the pool at all.

I thought at first the problems were because the twins must have some kind of superfast healing that was allowing them to heal their injuries faster than I could inflict them. So after battering away on Isair a while and not making much progress, I went over and tried it on with Madae. Beat her down to "almost dead" and then couldn't get any further. I went back to Isair after that and he was still at "almost dead" and nothing I did would kill him.

I seem to think that during one of my reloads, Orrick showed up but didn't say anything. I know from completing the game since then that when Orrick shows up, that's it: game over. But he just stood there and seemed oblivious to the fact that I was fighting the twins in front of him. Trying to initate dialogue with him didn't do any good.

I only beat the game in the end by cheating with Dalekeeper because after running through the same impossible-to-finish fight four times in a row I just lost the will to live and decided cheating was the only way to go.

9. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31

ejsmith, I fought the twins until they teleported to the pools. So basically I beat them once and didn't have to do it the second time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.