1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yet another Shapeshifter question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ArtEChoke, Aug 14, 2001.

1. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

... yes I used the search engine first and didn't find the answer there.

On the original werewolf form (not the greater werewolf), how many attacks does it get?

Also, is it immune to non-magical/non-silver weapons like ordinary "non-druidic" werewolves?

Does anyone use the Avenger kit? I've seen very little reporting of that kits performance. It seems to me that its bonus spells would lose their advantage rather quickly into the game.

2. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

2 attacks. thaco is that of your druid, so will not be good. decent AC but not anythig to write home about. and I belive 10% MR. not that great.

3. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Avenger druids are cool. Chromatic Orb gets more powerful as you level up (ultimately becoming a sort of half-powered finger of death spell
    *Very Slight Spoiler*
    The extra shapeshift abilities and spells are excellent for the duel with Faldorn, which can otherwise be pretty difficult.
    These advantages coupled with the excellent quest spells in the TOB expansion (should you be inclined to install this) make the avengerdruid an awesome summoner, healer and magic user. Druids are, IMHO, one of the most fun classes to play. Ignore any philistines who tell you otherwise.

4. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I'm playing a druid from BG1 through ToB. I'm still trying to figure out whether he'll be an Avenger or a Shapeshifter.

Role-playing wise, its easy to go from a normal druid to a Shapeshifer after the visit to Balduran's Island, so I *think* I'm going to go for that... the only problem is that Avengers look like so much fun.

And yeah, Will, I'm loving the druid class, its alot of fun, and extremely versitile.

6. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I found the avenger boring compared to a shapshifter. its cool being able to totally change your tactics. going from spellcaster to tank (somewhat) in a flash.

7. Avooch Dar Guest

I had a link where i described my adventure with silmire the solo shapeshifter but i think that has dissapeared into the burning pits of archive land now but if i find a link i will put it on.
    Shapshifters are more challenging than avengers to play with but the werewolf ability redeems the kit in the later levels.
    (one great thing is that you can go as long as you like being a werewolf.....the spell never wears off!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.