1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trouble with Battle Square Ch 2 - need help.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Modjahed, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I finally decide to reach as far as I can - and I have the problem. I have fought the battle at level 1 six or sevem times now - and that golems keeps giving me the same number of squares to obtain. I have level 1, 2 and 3 - and I cannot get more than 5 squares - the dude says - victory and I am screwed.

Do you have any advice on how to ADVANCE in the thing? I am strong enough to go to rank 10, but I am stuck at rank 1.

2. karmelo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

you can adjust the rank by switching the levers on the right, but other then that i have reached 7 squers by doing the one between the upper right and lower right , the one between the upper left and lower left and the two between the upper right & upper left and lower right & lower left, then i did the upper right and then the lower left (then there is no square that is obtainable without victory)

[ September 22, 2002, 18:39: Message edited by: karmelo ]

3. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Thanks a lot!!!!

I finally figured out how the thing works. CONSECUTIVE - means in a row!

Muahaha - Battle Square Mastery - here I come!

4. gundbear Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have completed the entire level from 1 to 10 and am a battle master.Here is how to do it easily. One of your victory's gives you bolts +5. Export the character who holds them( trading any items that are essential to any person) and send the bolts to any other character. Next go to modify party and delete that exported character. Now you have 2 sets of +5 bolts. Continue doing this to duplicate any items. I had all my characters in the southern most area of the corrider near the battle squares. I then lured my foe into the corrider and hammered it with +5 bolts. For tough opponents like fire elementals i just had my main guy)a paladin) run around while the rest of the group pincushioned it. Anyways here is the solution starting with 9 squares numbered 1 to 9:

level 1- 1, 2, 3, level 2- 1 2,5,3, level 3- 4,2,6,8,5, level 4-4,7,2,3,9,1 , level 5- 4,7,8,2,3,6,5
    I hope this helps

[ September 23, 2002, 15:44: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

5. karmelo Gems: 2/31

Modjahed if you get mastery , put it in your solution please because gundbear i dont understand what your saying.
    anyhow a question: to get mastery what do you need to do exactly?

6. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31

I don't know if I'm understanding this Battle Square game from reading some of the posts here.

First of all, I completed 7 squares on lever one (level 1). All I'm supposed to do is do this for all ten levers. Isn't that correct? IF it's not let me know.
    Secondly, after reading Gundbear's response, I'm confused. When I activate the mode lever, the character that activates the mode is the only character allowed in the room. The rest of my party gets teleported into a locked room and can't leave. Is this a bug? From reading Gundbear's post, he says his whole party helps.

7. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

DK, this is not a bug it is how bsquares “normally” works. You have to move all your characters out of the room (preferably to the corridor to the north away from the golem) before you activate the mode. Otherwise, the golem will transport them to the locked room.

The way battle squares works is that you have to complete all 5 ranks on each lever or level to master the level. Sometimes you win items, other times xp for winning a rank. Whenever you master all 5 ranks for one level you get an item.

For each level or lever, the ranks are the same. To get rank 1 you have to win 3 squares (and they have to be in a row). Rank 2 is 4 squares, Rank 3 is 5 squares, Rank 4 is 6, and Rank 5 is 7. Now, as soon as you get 3 squares in a row the battle is over and you are ranked based on the number of squares you have won. So, to get ranks 2-5 you have to plan out which squares to win before you get three in a row. That is what Gundbear’s post describes. Think of the 123 cube as the bsquare area and it should make sense.

To achieve rank 1 on any level you would need to win squares 123, or 147, or 753, etc…
    Rank 2, 1253, or 1427, or 1459. Do you see the patterns in those groups of numbers?
    To achieve rank 5 the only way I did it was to go: 124 896 5, that way I won 7 squares before completing three squares in a row…

Now, go out there and wins some kickin items. Remember improved haste, stoneskin, and bull’s strength are your friends, and after level 5 improved invisibility is almost a must. There is one type of demon that can see you even with improved invis but it is pretty easy to beat with the club you get for winning level 6. Also, you can tackle the levels or levers in any order you like, I did all of 1 and 2 then went and did 6 and 10 based on the spoilers I picked up here, before completing the rest. However, I would suggest that, if you do not complete the ranks and levels in order-and actually even if you do, you get a piece of paper and mark down for each "level" which ranks you have won. Battlesquares can be a long and tedious process and it is easy to forget if you save and then come back which levels you have completed. You don't get extra items or xp for completing a level or a rank for a second time...

[ September 25, 2002, 13:23: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.