1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Deathmage, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've got questions about this game!

1) What is the max level cap?
    2) Is this a good way to develop a bard in a four-player party with normal diffuculty? This is how I plan to develop him.

Wait until level 11 (best bard song) then get 16 Charisma (he's level 6 Bard, level 1 Fighter now) from the level 8 and 12 stat points (currently 14) so he can cast level 6 spells (main reason for this is Mass Haste). Then, I'll stick two levels in Rogue (For evasion and backstabbing for RPG reasons.), then start contributing levels into fighter. My other party members are thus:

Human Sorcerer (not planning to dual)
    Tiefling Rogue/Fighter (about 2 or 3 levels of rogue, one level of fighter would be added)
    Aasimar Cleric (might dual into fighter later...maybe)

So, suggestions?

2. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

the max level is 30.. thats a little low if you ask me, its not excatly Godhood.. do you know if there is a mod to remove the exp cap?

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The cap is hard coded AFAIK and the ECL races can actually get higher than that, up to 33 for Deep Gnomes...

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    30? Hmm, not exactly Godhood indeed.

Which brings out another question, if you follow though the game with a party like mine (Normal diffuculty, 4 man party) would everyone be likely to reach level 30? If not then approxmately what level would they be at endgame? Assuming I do a lot of side quests.

5. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Nope, they wouldn't reach lvl. 30 if you'r playing on normal...
    They would reach about... hmmm... lvl 20 +-
    (when I played with six characters on Insane, they reached lvl 17.)...
    But you could later import them to a HoF game... There you would definitively reach lvl. 30... ;)

6. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Actually, you can't get much higher than 16-17 in a normal game, since the game gives less experience the higher level you are. The whole game is designed so that you will be around level 16 in the end. In HoF you can get to level 30.

7. Nxla Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

30 isn't high eh? You've never played PnP. Elminster is around 29 and he's (one of) the most powerful mages in all of Faerun.

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    And Drizzt is 16 but he can easily wipe out any level 20+ party.

9. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Drizzt Do'rden is only level 16, but he can beat a whole party of people who are 20+

[Is there an echo in here? ;) - BTA]

[ March 18, 2003, 21:43: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

/me thinks that Icingdeath has severe reading problems. He's done the same in another topic just up here.... :D

[And the admins saw it and commented on it. So what makes you think anyone needs your repeat of what the admins already said?] -Tal

[ March 20, 2003, 11:37: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

11. willworker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Who are these famous powerful mages your talking about?

12. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

theyre npcs from older games and characters from books

13. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Well, the Goddess of Magic Mystra has surrounded herself with many powerful mages... They are called Chosens of Mystra... They have nearly god-equal powers, are immortals and some of them are as powerful as gods themselves (Elminster Auban and Khelben "Blackstaff"), Elminster is a love mate of Mystra... I dunno if other gods have special immortals, who help them... Cyric is too hated to have anybody near him... Maybe Fighter-gods like Tempus and Tyr have...

14. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] They're not immortal,just empowered directly from their deity(just as Cadderly from Deneir,or Qilue from Eilistraee),they will one day die as well(well not Elminster on that point,but he can be killed for sure,although i'm not sure who could kill him)
    Anyway this is :yot:
    Deathmage,pure clerics are better than mc'ed because you don't really want them in melee combat and you want as many high spells as you can get(i see that you've chosen Aasimar as cleric class).
    Max level cap is 30 and AFAIK there are no xp cap removers.
    Don't forget that 3 classed humans or 2 classed races other than their favorite class(such as Drizzt Do'Urden who is Fighter 10 or such/Barbarian 1/Ranger 5 and is a drow,drow race's favorite class is wizard for males and cleric for females so drizzt would get %60 of the experience(100-20-20))
    So it would not be wise to give your bard fighter levels,just give him/her more bard levels for extra spellcasting.
    And i see that you have no tank i'd suggest a fighter 4/barbarian x or fighter 4/paladin x.
    Some people claim that having a 4 people party is the best way but i always make 6 people,anyway it's just me.
    Elan Morin Tedronai:Tyr is the God of Justice(
    Tyr Grimjaws, Tyr the Even-Handed, Wounded Tyr, the Maimed God, and Blind Tyr. All these names represent the Realms god of justice. Tyr appears as a noble warrior missing his right hand, lost in proving his resilience and strength of spirit. In recent years, he has been shown blinded as well, a fatality of the Time of Troubles and the Avatars. He is the only greater power to be of lawful good alignment, and is said to make his home in the lower slopes of the great mountain that is the Seven Heavens. Tyr's symbol is the scales resting upon a warhammer, and shows his nature: Justice through the strength to enforce that justice. Tyr is served by the lesser god Torm. ),not a fighter God.

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The Rogue/Fighter duplicates as tank, although by no means a sturdy, true tank (a Half Orc barbarin, for example, or a dwarven warrior).

Yeah, I'm going for pure class cleric all the way for the Aasimar.

16. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Tyr, the God of Justice yes... That makes him some sort of War God like Tempus is... But Tempus is quite powerful god...

17. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] If your gonna do bard, and you want the extra spell casting, but don't want a lot of damage, there are some nifty skills that level 10 rogues get.. Just a Thought..

Improved Evasion, For one.. Helps keep those low healthed bards alive a while longer..

So..

rogue 10/Bard 11<x

18. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

That is true,they're both greater deities.

19. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

They have BIG stats afaik... All of the Chosens have 25 Constition and can regenerate with time lost limb... They don't need to sleep as Elminster, because of their high Const... Elminster is Fighter1/Rogue2/Cleric3/Wizard 20/Archmage 5/Epic 4: CR 45;... and so on, afaic...

[ March 24, 2003, 20:08: Message edited by: Elan Morin Tedronai ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.