1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

spells you wish were included

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by no0ne, Mar 26, 2003.

1. no0ne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Compared to Baulder's gate II Icewind dale has nothing on it. what spells do you wish had been in the game?

2. BGP Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

All the spell-stacking spells were sadly missing--spell trigger, etc.

I had a mod that gave me an advanced version of Malison--Greater Malison, around 7-8th level. That was nice.

But I liked the re-arrangment of the spells in IWD2.

3. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

More offenciv spells that don't outright kill my own party, thus allowing my fighters to hack the enemies while my casters do their stuff.

[ March 26, 2003, 23:31: Message edited by: Zurga ]

4. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

time stop, find familiar, spell trigger

basically all the decent spells

5. no0ne Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] i wish they had more defensive spells for your mage. also mantle was nice.

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Breach, pierce magic and MMM :D

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

MMM?, i havent played BG2 in sooo long

8. Loerand

Melf's Minute Meteors :D

9. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Though it would probably be a broken spell in IWD2, I wish they had put Protection from Magical Weapons. That was a great spell for Fighter/Mages in BG2 even though it didn't last long.

10. ak47 Gems: 1/31

I thought that IWD2 did have melf's minute meteors?

Anyway, breach is no longer a necessary spell as it was in BG2 because of the lack of chain contingency + spell trigger using magi in IWD2.

The only spell that I would have liked to see would have been find familiar. Nice to have some extra company when playing smaller parties of 1-3 persons.

11. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I just checked, and yes, there is Melf's Minute Meteors in IWD2. And Find Familiar would indeed be cool. I miss my Elven Fighter/Wizard with his faithful Fairy Dragon friend.

12. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

*Likes the ball lightning spell IWD2 Does have.. Grins*

*Likes the MMM as well.. *

*They need one like that with Acid now.. If they don't allready.. my Sorc. is only lvl 13*

13. Loerand

Sorry about the MMM's, I'm really not into mage stuff. BTW, find familiar is a kinda cool spell, or you could just pick one from a shop :D

14. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A Wish spell, then i could get all the spells i want.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Melf's Acid Arrow is included, so is Voltiric (sp?) Sphere (in re: "that acid one")

I could never figure out contingency or the other spell stacking ones in BG2, so I don't miss them.

Find Familiar was cool, but I now have a monk doing most of what my psuedo dragon did ;) :p

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

kabuki man, one for acid? how about the corrosive/viscous/acidic ball thing? i forget the name but it is a green ball spell picture. Throws an acidic ball that does some splash damage. Pretty neat.

[edit] Mat! you posted same time as me, though you got the right name lol. Voltiric sphere is the one i was thinking of.

/me reads 'viscous acid ball thing'
    /me shakes head

[ April 03, 2003, 22:20: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It's Vitriolic Sphere actually.

18. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

contingency, chain contingency and spell trigger are some of the most useful spells out there. u can launch up to 3 spells at the same time. really helpfull

19. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.