1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Iron Golem troubles

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Faraaz, Jul 24, 2005.

1. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Take a druid, cast 3 (or more) static charges, buff him with aid, prot. from evil,barkskin, bless, emotion hope, haste, champion's strength, cat's grace, improved invisibility, luck, recitaion, chant and other spells. Shapeshifted to polar bear (35 str with cs spell) he's deadly, the mace of disruption helps later.

My first battle squares were won by someone weaker, my tempus cleric using the throwing axe doing blunt damage, another throwing axe and greataxe +1.
    A fighter specialized in axes could even be better.

You can always do hit and run with throwing axes.
    If an enemy is too difficult, just run away until time runs out, heal yourself and win the next fight.

I did the battlesquares without saving and reloading between battles, I actually only reloaded when Nickademus got hostile (and killed).

You can save and reload after each battle so that you only have to fight teleporting brains with your other 5 party members and summons or shades with low hitpoints if you really want to beat everything at level8, but why bother ?

The battlesquares were finished before I entered the black raven monastery.

You can save and reload after each battle so that you only have to fight teleporting brains with your other 5 party members and summons or shades with low hitpoints if you really want to beat everything at level8, but why bother ?

You can always go back to the battle squares or the iron golems until you fly away with Oswald's ship again.
    Since the battle sqare XP gain isn't level dependent, I'd recommend to do the other things first.

[ January 01, 2006, 23:54: Message edited by: kmonster ]

2. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

KevinS, do a search on Battle Squares in this forum, I have a great strategy using summons to defeat all levels of the battle square.

3. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

I've never had all that much trouble with the Iron Golems. The best tactic I've used is to try to isolate one, mostly by using summons to delay the others. Then I'd swarm the one IG with my best warriors (fully buffed, of course) with their best weapons and take it down really quickly.

IG's are obviously really tough. But if you can hit them one at a time with 3 or 4 tough warriors in melee, they'll drop easier than you might think.

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My deep gnome cleric ranger can cast iron skins and mirror image. That takes care of protection against them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.