1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mandal Graye Glitch Number 2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Beavisxxx, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Beavisxxx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have a problem.

I take the quest from Nheero. I find the sword, teke the sword to Mandal, and he shows me the hiding place for the item. I go there (I already killed the ancient creature). No root found in the the cavern. I tried everything (go in and out of the area, reload, replay from an previous save)and nothing works.

Something is very wrong. Any help or ideas?
    PS:icewind dale2 + pack + patch 2.01 installed

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If the Wyvern is not re-spawned I think you need to go back to a save from before you killed it.

It was a known bug, but should have been fixed in the patch.

[edit] - Unfortunately it's a game required quest, so no good to try to get by without the modified root [edit]

[ February 20, 2003, 14:25: Message edited by: Viking ]

3. Beavisxxx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"It was a known bug, but should have been fixed in the patch."

I now it's a game required quest, but i tried loading the game from the begining (after the battle in kuldahar) and still not work.
    Perhaps i should install the whole game again.
    This is the fourth time i play the game and the first time i encounter this problem.

Thanks anyway !

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

just create the item and get over with. don't let little glitch spoil your game.

5. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yeah don't get spoiled in that lousy bug..sometimes cheating fix this..

6. BGP Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This is possibly fixable in the same way as mine was. Here's what I remember doing:

1)Save game on the level you access the wyvern cave.
    2) Exit the game
    3)Using Dale Keeper 2 or something like it, add a modified root to your inventory. There may be two listed--get both.

4)Open the game file with ID2. Exit the level, then reenter. See if something has been added to your journal.
    5)If not, goto lab. Do the process. Go about your business.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.