1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mandrake root (modified)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Vehje, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Vehje Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have trouble to find that f**** root, i have gave the sword to that ghost, and he showed me the places. But i couldn't find that root. i have visited the wyerm lair but i only find those few gems and arrows from there

2. White Storm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Try the "ancient wyrm" lair, the root is there after the ghost shows you all places.

3. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The root is on level two, to find it after Mandal shows you where he threw it over the rocks, go back to level 1 to the wyvern lair. Go down the "stairs", where the floor is caved in, to level two and wait a second. The roots should appear in the southern portion of the room on the floor. It will not be there until after Mandal takes you down to show where he threw the root over the rocks.

4. Vehje Gems: 1/31

Still no luck, have sitted (in the middle of lvl 2)there almost ½ hour and gettin quite pissed. would be possible that my game is screwed, there is no more that spirit and that guy upstairs only wants that root.

5. Thalin Windsong Gems: 1/31

Hey I am having the same problem. Can not find the Mandrake root.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You need to wait until after the Mandal cut scene, where he shows you where he threw it over the rocks. Then go down to the FIRST level and find the stairs that go down to the wyvern lair... very small chamber...the root will be on the floor in the southern part of the chamber. Note --- you will see the small chamber on level 2 I think (next to the tropical area), but you can't get to it from there...you need to go down the stairs to the next level and from there down to the wyvern chamber.

7. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] The item code is 61GENMM if you still can't get it. I did all I could of the quests up to that point, but the mandrake root still did not show.

8. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I also have the mandrake root problem. I believe all the prior quests have been completed and the spirit showed me where he threw the root over the wall. Unfortunately I killed the Ancient Wyrm before all of this and the root does not show up. I think there may be a bug in our midst.

I hate cheating, but used the cheat console anyway.

Here is the entry -> ctrlaltdelete:createitem("61GENMM,1)

9. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I had also killed the ancient wyrm before. But after the cutscenes, I went back to that room and found it on the floor where the wyrm was standing (to the south). It looked like a BAG. Use the ALT key.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The problem where modified root does not appear was reported already and all I can say about it is that it happens in cases where:
    - the whole cutscene gets "choppy"
    - some parts of cutscene replay twice

Why does this happen noone knows (yet), but in these cases only console command helps.

And it may happen regardless you've killed or not killed the wyvern.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.