1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things you`d like to be changed in IWD2?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dragu&Barud, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Well here is the list we like to see fixed in the further expansion packs:
    -aasimars automaticaly set in protection from evil
    -duergars must have spell resistance(its logical)
    -will based deathspell(not really fair but if it is with +4 will it can be fair enough)
    -better damage resistance and elemental resistance,especially the magic resistances.
    -better feats for fighters so you can play them more than 4 levels.
    -better rangers(rangers sucks),more spells,more benefits for not using medium and heavy plates.
    -more battle related skills
    -lock the lowering INT stat at generation character(its unfair,half-orcs can lower the INT and CHA and then boost the other four abilities to
    almost max:STR:20;DEX:18;CON:18;WIS:16)not really fair since only they can do it and infact the two penalties they had become two benefits,don`t you think so?
    -another INT"+".The spell Feeblemind lowers the INT to 3 wich makes you an idiot,so do you catch where we are going.There must be a limit to the INT lowering not under 6.
    -better two handed weapons,better axes,better shortswords and longswords and totally better HOF weapons.
    -more bonuses to half-elves,not only the ANY favorured class.Sorry to tell you that but can you show us something more stupid than half-elven ranger?
    -remove the invisibility from deep gnomes,they are just too strong,having invisibility and mirror image for free!!!
    -more Symbol spells,just to have a symbol for reflex save
    -fix the powerwords!They are supposed to be power words so make them powerful!Is is worth to take PWK at 9th level?!I think not!The only cool PWs are PW Blind and PW silence...others sucks!
    -9th level spell Aegis should have a duration of 1round/casters level to maximum of 30
    -clerics Mass heal should NOT NOT NOT heal the animated dead!This is U-N-F-A-I-R!!!
    -banishment spell should be at -2 penalty
    -changes in using the fiends(some trick to have full control of them,if you are Conjurer for example there will be no need of the PFE spell and you can control the fiend but only one,good idea I think...)
    -added teleportation spell for iliusionists maybe(just a free spell at 4 level for example like Blasphemy was for clerics,there will be no need of scrolls to learn it ofcourse)

Well we are done...If you have more cool ideas post it here and lets hope SOMEBODY will read it and make something about the topic we posted!

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Give the druids more spells. I was shocked to see Master of Nuhn's Druid only have like three spells available to put in slots at some higher spell levels. (like 6 or 7 or such.)

Other than that, I say put in a Lloth domain for Drow Clerics, and put in better evil options. I'm not going to go through with my drow warparty because I'm constantly being forced into good aligned dialogue options.

Ever seen a drow tell a guard "It's okay, we're friends and here to help you out." ? No, it'd be more like: "Don't bother me with your trivial matters pityfull human, before I make you forsake whatever false god you may worship and have you begging at my feet for your pathetic little existance you call life." Or something in the lines of that. ;)

Too bad IWD2 is just a moneymaking project. We can submit ideas all we want, but we won't get an EXPpack anyway.

[ February 22, 2003, 15:14: Message edited by: Faragon ]

3. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] More FOES!!!We forgot about that...

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

A less clumsy Monk avatar.
    Bah. My monk looks like a clumsy bungling fool instead of the graceful martial artist that he is supposed to be.

5. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Better graphics! IWD I & II look pretty shabby compared to the ones used in BG I & II.

More roleplaying options and less emphasis on combat.

Multiple paths to take to finish the game - it adds to replay value.

Different enemies in HOF mode - instead of goblins boosted to superhuman levels, replace them with beholders or demons. Being 20th level and getting your ass kicked by a group of goblins is just embarrassing.

Good characters protesting if you take an evil option - like wiping out an entire monastery of good monks and not one character in my party protested about it. In BG II when I tried to butcher Drizzt, I had one of my party leave and another turn against me.

Evil characters protesting if you take an good option.

Upgradeable items like with Cromwell and Cespenar.

6. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

monk that kicks...
    nice story from beginning to end..
    skip the problem solving...just hack and slash
    ...thinking...many more!

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Looks like you guys had best get into programming so that you can make a really good IWD3. ;)

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Another think I'd like changed is dialogue-based skills. I think they should be more important and the difference should be significant if not in results then in manner and means at least. A 14 INT 14 WIS 18 CHA (beginning) paladin with some diplomacy skill is not really going to speak like a peasant or 'me bash good' brute.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There's only one thing I really miss in IWD2. Scimitars. And with scimitars I mean scimitars. 'Scimitar' translated to Dutch is 'Kromzwaard' meaning Curved Blade. I can't see any curve in these IWD2-curved-blades.

One other (minor) thing, pretty difficult to create though, are the NPC's and their dialogues. I miss Jan vs. Minsc and Knighty, Viconia nagging Aerie and the troubles of Edwina. Such things make the game simply splendid.

10. outputrotation Gems: 3/31

should have had the craziness that fallout had.

11. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

two words
    infinity engine.

12. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] new location....and return of arundel

13. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31

More weapons like katana wakazashi ninja-to clubs.It really good idea to fight against beholders and more powerful foes than a goblin in HoF mode.More smart opponents.Magicians who cast spells that you are weak against or clerics with Resurection and Mass heal.Especially clerics:they should use their power-up spells like Draw...;Holy power etc.

14. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31

PALE JUSTICE!!!

15. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Only one thing...The Dragon's Eye quest, is very boring and allways the same.

16. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

°being able to join the legion of the Chimera and reaking havok in all of the ten towns.

°new races and subraces

°CESPENAR

17. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Katanas, wakizashis, scimitars that don't look like long swords, templates and prestige classes. But the three first are a must!

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] 1. Orc avatars.

2. Monk avatars.

3. Katana's, wakizashi's, ninja-to's and scimitar's avatars.

4. Pale Justice.

5. Away with the Holy Avenger.

6. Easthaven.

7. Prestige classes.

8. More domains.

9. The possibility to have NPC's in your party, together with your home-made PC's. Not too many just about 6 of them or so.

10. Better spellcasting for druids and bards.

11. An editor.

12. The ability to make prestige classes.

Thats all I can come up with now.

19. Jesus666 Banned

I think you should be able to have the ability to steal mounts. Come on.. who can really say they dont want to kick an Orc Warrior of its mount and go for a ride :D

20. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Pale Justice, characters who keep their shields on one arm, not switching them when they turn around (I mean, come on, they didn't switch in BG, or in IWD w/o HOW, why not now?), more class based quests, a MUCH better story, and Kuldhar as it used to be. Oh, yeah and Larrel.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.