1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

web or entangle?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by COPENHAGEN, May 2, 2003.

1. COPENHAGEN Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i believe web is better. dont know why, what does everyone else think?

3. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I think web is better even though in IWD1 when you were webbed you were held and couldnt attack. Whereas in IWD2 you can still atack, even though it says you cant.

4. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Entangle might be better, but only because you can find a pair of boots early which allow a char to be immune to that spell.
    So "entangle" would leave one of your chars entirely free to move in the affected area, which isn't the case with web.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Especially if you're soloing :evil:

Heh, but web is generally better. I remember casting my cautiously targeted web and then aiming precisely counted Agannazzar's Scorchers to catch as many monsters in line as possible.

It also works nicely with fireballs and cloud spells.

The good thing is that although they can attack they can't cast spells. Hehe. So sometimes just a good bow & arrows will do.

6. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i forgot about those sneaky boots... :evil:

7. _DeepDarkDeath_ Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well i never use web or entangle in combat, i stick to summoning undead and monsters and then casting sanctuarry on myself to win battles

But if i was to choose which spell...web or entangle... id choose entangle since it's a great starting spell for a druid at the begining of the game

8. COPENHAGEN Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

you can cast web spells anywhere in this game while the entangle,you can't cast this spell if you are in a palace,caves,etc.

9. _DeepDarkDeath_ Gems: 1/31

i remember in Baldur's gate#1 when you casted entangle and it didn't affect your own units...it was a amazing spell indeed.

10. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Honestly, I've i'm casting Area Effect Spells.. It's usually an Area Damage Spell..

But Web would OWN entangle, (THe inside outside factor)

Besides, my Sor could Own Any Druid.. ^_^

11. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Web is much better just make shure your spellcasters don't get stuck in it. unless you have some strategy where ur guy that is immune to entangle waits for the enemy to get cought then attacks them.

12. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] As a further thought.. Web Vs Entangle.. Neither

Wail of the Banshee.

Kills Everything in the Area of Effect.. As opposed to Not letting it move..

13. ubyduby Gems: 1/31

personally i dont use either i usually just hack the crap out of dem hordes-O-badies

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.