1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil or Good?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Urgazhi, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] i know this is probably not true, but why do i seem to be the only person who likes to go evil? what is everyones thoughts upon this topic?

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Evil I say!! You should all go evil!!

3. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

nice to know i am not alone. :D

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, there are a few points where you can engage in a "role-playing evil decision" i.e. slaughtering the Black Raven monks.

But ...

a) I prefer to play good guys out to make the world a better place. I'm just more comfortable with it.

b) I think this helps spawn complaints of not enough variety in IWD2, but the storyline does make more sense for a good party than an evil one.

5. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

BG2 was good, because it had a seperate storyline for evil parties. You could join the vampires and help them in a conquest of evil.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah...There ain't nothing eviler than leaving a bunch of undead running the local thieves guild in a major city!!

7. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I think that this is the main cause of the game designers - to make you play good guy, because you have to make the world better place. At least this is my thesis... :) I always play good chrs... Except with the case with the halfling - he is True Neutral...

8. Krysalyn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

in all of the rpg I have ever played I almost always play and evil character or party...

it is always just more fun for me to play without restrictions on my actions, i.e. playing evil I can kill everyone and take anything I want...

but then again I was one of those people that was hoping Darth Maul would kill those two Jedi...

but, I also think going evil can be a lot more fun from a gameplay standpoint, as most of the underdark races are typically evil in alignment... it just doesnt seem right to be playing a drow paladin... but an evil drow wizard seems to be perfectly natural... I like playing the underdark races like the drow, duergar, and svirfneblin, so I usually (almost exclusively) play an evil party...

9. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

I guess im just the type of person who is often disappointed because i always go for the bad guy. then they go and lose to some goody two shoes. it gets pretty annoying at time. thats why i play computer games, i have say over what happens.
    :evil:

10. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I hate to play evil in such games... :mad:
    Because you have always to look on your reputation,if you do a quest and your reputation increases because of this,you have to do something that your reputation sinks again(because if you have a high reputation you arn't really evil,are you :D ).And if you don't do the quest you don't get the expirience...
    It's really annoying :mad:

11. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Im with you man, i have nearly left bald patches in my hair from being utterly frustrated because i have to keep my reputaion up, but everytime i do something fun, it goes down. I breath deeply, save my game, kill everything in sight until my game crashes, and reload.

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Well, then I suppose I'm the only one here who plays the good guy. :good: I've beaten BG1-TotSC, BG2-SoA, BG2-ToB, IwD1-HoW and IwD2 with a paladin. :holy: I just like being the good guy slaying hideous monsters and hunting down villains. :angel:

You said something about reputation. In BG series when you have 20 reputation(the higher it gets) the item cost is lowered by 50% you gain +4 reaction bonus and with 18 CHA another +5 so the costs are even lower. :)
    Moral: Play with the good guys(paladins prefered). :D

[ May 01, 2003, 19:41: Message edited by: Alexander the Great ]

13. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

that may be true alex, but when you go evil, you can get a reduction of 100% by simply directing the shopkeeps attention elsewhere while a quick slice of an ivory-hilted dagger and voila! you have yourself anything you want!

about the slaying of evil mosters, evil players generally still do this for bountys, experience or rare items the monsters have hoarded.

I guess ill just have to conclude that playing evil or good depends entirely on the player.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    *mumbles*...ne nos inducas in tentationem sed libera nos a malo... *mumbles*

Good all the way. Roleplaying reasons. Even if it means not getting l.. paid. ;)

15. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

lol, what was that chevalier?

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Evil I say, go evil!

I've done something pretty evil before, I slaughtered the Black Raven Monks (after helping that good monk) and then I went back and slaughtered the duergars. Muahahaha!

17. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

did you get the Hell Bolter?

18. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Hell Bolter rocks. +3 heavy crossbow, 4 attacks per round.
    Urghazi: In CRPG when you kill a shopkeeper you can't take his merchandise. This may happen in RPG PnP, but in CRPG no.

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] I am going always neutral for a year or so now. Keeping the balance and all that high-stuff you know ;)

With a druid its normal to go neutral and i create the rest of my party to match all-together neutral. Like Lawful good paladin/sorc - 1/x and a evil fighter.
    To bad there are no alignment conflicts between party members. :(

20. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I play good guys enough, CRPG, And PnP, that i get Teased by some of my other DnD friends about being the Righteous Paladin.. LoL

Then again.. I Do tend to play them.. Alot..

But i get the Hero's Discount, The Charisma Bonus, The Divine Grace, The Immunity to Diseases..

It's a fairly sweet deal.. hehe

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.