1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weapons

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Memento Mori, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Memento Mori Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just ganked Sherincal, she was carrying a sword but I can't identify it, is it a good sword? I'm trying to pick a weapon for my stormlord to carry since my dreadmaster uses greataxes.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In normal mode it is a two handed sword that does extra damage to humans. Pretty useful given that the Ice Temple is full of humans.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

This is what you have in hand:

Winged Blight

Damage: 2d6 +1
    Attack Bonus: +1
    Enchantment: +1
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Special
    Bane: +3 Attack Bonus vs Humans and 2d6+3 Damage Bonus vs Humans
    Weight: 12 lb.
    Feat Requirement: Martial Weapon, Great Sword
    Type: Two-handed

Carried By: Sherincal (Chp 4.1-Nrm)

4. Memento Mori Gems: 3/31

Cool, who should I have use it? Do I need the greatsword feat?

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yes you need the greatsword feat otherwise you'll be struggling to hit anything. This thing is awesome against humans.

6. Shrikant

Give it to any of your fighter type charecters.
    So long as they have that 1st * in Martial Weapon: Greatsword, let them use it.

IIRC with no * in that feat they would get -4 to attack and damage rolls with that weapon.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Give it to someone with really high strength as it is a two-handed weapon so the damage bonus is 1.5 times the normal damage bonus. Throw in Improved Critical and you'll be carving them up all over the place. You won't even miss not being able to carry a shield.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Exactly. An enemy can't hurt you if they're dead :D

9. Vassago Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't think you can equip stuff that has not been identified yet.

10. Blue Loon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm sure you can but it is always a risk if you never played before (might equip a cursed item or a weaker one).

Im suprised Memento Mori didn't discover the bag of holding cheat yet.

11. Shrikant

You can use any item that you have found regardless of wether you have identified it or not.
    I think the drawback is that you cant access any special spell-casting abilities that they might have.

Like Blue Loon said, the only problem with handling unidentified items is that you might equip a cursed item.
    In such case the item is automatically identified and you find out how big fool you have been made.

12. Memento Mori Gems: 3/31

Um, bag of holding cheat?

13. Xyfiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Bag of holding cheat is a loophole in the game, makes identify and knowledge pretty useless so in a rp sense I don't use it.

I don't recall the exact method but try this:

Open bag of holding, move unidentified item into container(bag), should auto-identify. Do a forum search if that doesn't work, I'm sure it's been discussed before and we don't want to venture to far from the topic.

I would keep the sword on a weapon switch for fights against humans. Probably the most useful for evil parties that slaughter villages and monastarys.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.