1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite battles

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Volsung, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Tanari Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i have to say i am a dragon man i just like slaying those cool beasts the gardian and the two white wyrms i just wish there were more challenging dragons in the spine of the world.

2. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] My favorite battle must have been the massacre of the duregar village!

Idont get it the leader of the duregar says you can help yourself to there supplies and as soon as you do the 2ft, grey faced excuse for a security gaurd tries to aresst you in a rather squishy and bloodthirsty manner! it's just not cricket! :confused: :(

plus the hook horrer army that attacks you in that area is pretty tough! (and fun too) :D

3. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

defending the heartstone gem, adrenaline still pumping from fighting the guardian and racing to the portal, nice battle sequence

4. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The battle at Shengarne bridge - I like the timer and the ogres swinging frantically at the bridge supports and the hordes of enemies. Many enemies and encounters in IWD2 are ingeniously designed, but this, for me, is the best. It feels really good when you succeed. The battle royale in Kuldahar after you slay the dragon is pretty awesome too. And the battle atop the fortress roof...

In fact, IWD2 is one glorious set piece battle after another!

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Pallisade is fun if you keep one goblin alive from each of the 3 invasions and move the whole party to the areas where the next gets teleported in. Then you are ready to fight straight away.

The fight after the Crossroads is also a really awesome bash, as well as the very last one. They are truly fun replayable fights.

6. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I liked the fight where you had to defend Heartstone Gem. Enemies just keep running at you and they fall like... I don't even know what could fall harder and faster than them. :D
    Just after handling The Guardian there is this big fight. I remember how I cursed when it started, but it was nice.
    One fight I don't like is that last fight. I'm still stuck there. Those Isair and Madae seem immortal. Others are not so hard, but those two are really something else. :mad:

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The Best fight for me till now (just kicked Drider ass) has to be Sherincal. I had faced up to the Queen Rhemorazz and Lord Ragnar with full health, then the Necromancers and wanted to do Sherincal right away without rest or potions. Did that take some doing.
    The battle at Shanegarne bridge with the time constraint was great (and what a rousing background score!!)

The most hillarious battle was the orcs at Shanegarne ford going WAIT! while the kegs exploded in their faces.
    Next must be the Beastlord dude.It is supposed to be a tough battle. A confuse and 3 fireballs later only 2 war-bears were attacking my laughing party.

8. Jorgon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The underdark/monastery area was the best, fighting all the hook horrors! Tempus' strength and haste on my fighter, he'd wade in and take out several hook horror and hook horror guardians by himself, everyone else just gave range support.
    I also thouroughly enjoyed the fortress, albeit the second time through, as my first party barely got through it.

9. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Heh... The last battle yesterday was ridiculous. I dont know whom threw what, but someone summoned undeads and Greater Werewolves while another casted Gate at the same spot all the time. And the problem with this is that they attacked eachother instead of me so after a Horrid Wilting on Isair and Madae with company I only had to focus on those two. Since the summons fought eachother and the other 3 guys were dead after the HW.

But back to the subject... The one in Kuldahar after closing the portal was cool, but since I have Ribald installed the battle was to easy. The "Flasher Master Bruiser Mate" ammo is way overpowered. I dont know if this is how it´s supposed to function, but the Stun effect AND damage affects the one I hit and everyone around him in a 5 foot area or so. And since most enemies gather around my frontline all of them get stunned and the battle is won. I had plans to stop using it since most battles after Kuldahar was a joke thanks to it...
    If the last fight would´ve acted out a bit different I suppose that would´ve been my favorite though. I didn´t even have to use a potion or healing spell :(

10. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think the battle in Khuldahar was meant to be a slaughterfest. The neo-orogs are really weak compared to the level at which your characters should be at that point. My characters quite literally just stood there while their greater boneguards took apart the orcs.

11. Hellheart Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I really liked the fight at the shaengarne bridge. Not because off the difficulty , but for the challenge that is in it. The fact that you have to devise a tactic (on the spot) to defeat the enemy and at the same time try to save the bridge from the ogre attacks!

I also enjoyed 'The Eight Chambers' , especially with my monk. With my monk it was a piece of cake trying to solve the puzzles.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Battle of Kuldahar was great. Almost all the other battles involve attacking some group. This one was to defend a town.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Defending the Heartstone with Iselore(sp). I won the fight with the guardian by accident not strategy. The dragon fixed on one buffed-up tank and all I had to do was keep him alive while the others killed the dragon off. There are a lot of good fights in IWDII. I found the one with Limha very hard.

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Guardian was *very* hard, especially for my solo druid. I had to "pre-buff" with call lightnings, or would not have come even close to beating him.

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Isair and Madae...awesome boss fight. Otherwise, the fight where you kill Saablic Tan was pretty cool, what with all those Slayer Knights of Xvim making an appearance for the first time...Bastard Sword of Heroism baby...yeah!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

16. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Favourite battle(s) in IWD2? Those where the amount of HP is not so important (no insane hack&slash); battle against the Guardian wyrm I think (I solved it with my Sorcerer alone). And probably some other battles too.

17. Jer Gems: 1/31

They all seem repetitive. What you do is agree to wipe out the black raven monks.Do all those missions then go back and wipe out the gray dwarves. Lots of good items for the picking.

18. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Of course, if you are evil.
    If you are neutral or good, it should violate your principles. At least I like to play so.

19. erekose Gems: 1/31

The lost 7 or so was good but the bridge was my fave but best dialogue must be the one about the war-bears..... that was fantastic.

20. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

It's very hard to pick! :)
    I liked Xvim and Iron golems for their toughness;
    the Dam and the Kuldahar sequence for their great "air";
    and the Lost Followers fight which really demands special tactics for each one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.