1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite battles

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Volsung, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Which are your favorite battles?

Mine is the battle in Kuldahar just after the crossroads and the Guardian. I liked it more in HoF mode.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yeah that ones pretty fun. So is the one with the lady who is kidnapping children from the wandering villiage.

3. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I liked the battle with Sherincal more to be honest. I thought of it as one of the most important, but I haven't finished IWD2 yet, so I guess there are better afterwards...

4. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Guardian of the Crossroads was by far the best battle in the game!

5. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The final battle. It was frantic, challenging, and flashy.

6. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Lost Followers battle in Hrothgar's Glen. A difficult battle with a great reward... and you have to adapt your tactics to each enemy.
    Try it on HoF mode!
    Light of Cera Sumat- woohoo!

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Guardian battle is pretty good, but also i like the battle with Lord Rangar (the demon guy before Sherincal, im not sure i got his name right) i like the dialog if you are a paladin or something, he says, "Then let us cross swords, and fight to the honorable death!" (or something along those lines...)

8. Cross Gems: 6/31

Ooh, tough one.

I like the final battle (at least I did after I discovered where all the summoned uber-monsters were coming from...) :mad:

The Lost Followers is pretty good as well. :cool:

I also enjoyed whupping Saablic Taan's minions in the areas after leaving Dragon's Eye. ;)

9. [WoD]Lord Stanislaus Creatorus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Guys!

Guardian was tough, but Sherinkal is best!

Last battle was too easy! :) For me of course! ;)
    Just attack only one of Boss's and Battle will winced!

I like battle with Iyaktu Zvim too... But this guy is strong enough to kill 2 of my party members!!!
    :mad:

Battle with Guardian was tough for me because of running away from there! ;) :p

This topic is nice i think what nice topic is what battle you doesn't like much!

Truly Yours,
    [WoD]FCreator

10. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So far I liked the battle at the bridge...mainly because of the music and the different "goal" of the combat. But I'm only getting toward the end of chapter 3 and have a while to go.

11. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The battle with the dead elves was pretty cool to. It was an intense challenge, especially when the mage hits Symbol of Death or whatever.

12. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Lord Stanislaus Creatorus, as if you didn't side with Iacchu Zvim, lol its so evil :D

13. Belhifet Gems: 1/31

i think i have to favorite battles. the one in kuldahar is quite cool, although i think it is really easy to win that one. my personal favorite is, however, the fight shortly before the final battle against Isair and Madae on (i think it was) the war tower. for me it was the toughest battle because you suddenly stand there with slayer knights on your left and nice cozy half dragons on your right. thats definitely my favorite in toughness. but the kuldahar battle is really cool, too, just cause i like seeing Iselore kicking butt...

14. ErekLich Gems: 1/31

The Battle with Sherincal has to be my favorite. In fact, the entire Ice temple is my fav location so far. Not because the gameplay elements are any better, but because Sherincal and the Aurilites have the best dialogue in the game (so far; I'm only to Dragon's Eye) hands down!

15. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Or that battle where you have to fight those shadows of previously defeateed foes- gaernat sharptooth, sherincal (i think...), guthma, etc. It was good fighting the all at once.

16. Malaqai Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The one at the graveyard against the Lost Folowers.

But the toughest for me was with dozens of driders in Underdark, in HoF mode. :eek:

17. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31

Veteran

My favourite too. The second would be the Sheangarne(?) dam fight, as it is big, quick and extra motivated. I also enjoyed the concept of fighting 2 dragons at once, even though they're not though enough.

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Kuldahar (Avenger) and final one (for easiness :p ). Killing that Banite I liked for some reason, but it's a cheap and quick minute one. I felt I were doing my job well when killing off those daemons at the Hand.

Some of those very early battles were kind of funny. Gobles at the pier, oh how nice to be a newb paladin again :lol: :rolleyes: , or Phaen of the Rags...

There's also that special feeling you get when you kill everything in the Fortress entry region with a solo paladin/wizard with 10 DEX and 10 CON :p

19. Archdruid_Iselore Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] for me is the battle with guthma because it feels like destroying whole army camp with only six people..a morale boost to my party!

and killing guthma in his stronghold is fun too.

20. Imost Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Call me silly, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Saablic Tan battle. After hearing how hard it was, blah blah, I "tested" it without any bluffs...And won with flying colours! One spell- Dominate Person x3. And Chaos made it deviously easy, too! :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.