1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tactics4IWD2 Version1.0 Has Come!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Tal Rasha, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Ehh, just cast a blindness spell (lvl 2) on her:it is a fantastic spell, if fortitude save is failed, the mage is right out of the battle, unless she can dispel herself. Duration is 8 hours too! Gotta love that spell! :thumb:

2. el M Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i've got her to fail fort to sunscorch a few times - and got her blind - however after she recovered (3 rounds) she still managed to kick my b@#! :D .

i'll make note of "blind Brd 2, Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 2, Mask 2 transmutation fort save 8h duration" this spell however - seems yummy :D thank you Silvestar !

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Tieflings can also use the spell as a special ability IIRC. ;)

4. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

ATTENTION PLEASE !!!

If you want to kill the monks in Black Raven Monastery, kill the monk on the lower level first, then go upstairs to kill the monks on the upper level. If you attack the monks on the upper level, the area entrances will be disabled until you kill them all(including the lower level monk), which means you cann't get to the lower level before you kill them all. So if you didn't kill the lower level monk at first, you will be stuck. This is a bug caused by Tactics4IWD2, and this will be fixed on next version update.

5. el M Gems: 3/31

while you are at it (bugs) why the ton of animate undead summoned by enemy casters gives zero experience ? Summoned creatures give no experience in IWD2 ?

6. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Yes, Summoned creatures give no experience in IWD2.

7. el M Gems: 3/31

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

And rightfully so. Like I said in another forum once, summoned monsters are already a part of, extension of, the enemy mage's power. When you kill the enemy mage you get the whole XP for all this trouble, after all.

Thanks for warning against the bug, I have no intention of killing the monks though, thanks anyway!

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I eventually got some time to play (I'm on my way to Sherincal) and something very interesting happened: one of Guthma's henchmen -a goblin high sorcerer- cast Improved Invisibility on himself...

That's the first time I saw (or rather I didn't see) an NPC cast that spell. I eventually dispatched him but I had to wait for the spell to end (I was out of useful spells myself).

So I wonder, is this due to Tactics4IWD2 (most likely since I never experienced this before) or is it a regular feature of the game?

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Doesn't one of the prisoners in Dragon Eye cast improved invisibility?

11. Caradhras

Media:
    Sure the spell is available in the game, but I never met a goblin sorcerer who would cast it.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Hey, had a little time to test your mod. Phaen was tough. He casted haste and very damaging burning hands. So, did I install your mod correctly? I had to copy all files to override, asthe exe file did not work.

I enjoyed it, wanted to play more, but you see, I was busy with BG1...my first time game! It is GREAT! :banana:

13. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

@Caradhras
    Yes, it is due to my mod, and from there most of the wizards in the later chapters will cast Improved Invisibility as a regular defensive spell.

@Silverstar
    It should be OK.

14. Caradhras

Media:
    I hit a snag. I ran into Sherincal and she slaughters my party. I've tried four times and I can't get through. Now, she is tough...

15. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Here is a hint:

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

There is a gnome on the south of the area, from whom you can buy buffs(not srolls). There is a cheese that you can buy buffs even in the battle. In next version the gnome will be hidden when Sherincal Battle begins, and reappear after you kill Sherincal.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No!!!! With my crazy defective parties, I rely on Zack to get me through this fight. I don't think it's cheese because:
    a) you have to sacrifice a party member to go and talk to Zack
    b) you have to pay Zack
    c) who says Zack isn't powerful to cast a spell to someone a few metres up the corridor

17. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

You might misundertood me. I mean you can still buy buffs before the battle as preparation, he will only disappear when you are during fighting Sherincal. And I will also slightly weaken her.

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

COOL!

(you know I was going to say this, right?)

A Sherincal who slaughters an entire party with ease? Yay! :banana:

Oh, and I do use buffs from Zack, right before the battle. The fight is extremely easy when ALL of your party has Stoneskins, Fireshields Red AND Blue, and Improved Invisibility, and Zack can summon a few hook horrors etc. to your side as well! Can you smell the cheese?

Tal Rasha, do now weaken the Sherincal, weaken the Zack so that he does not have that many buffs. Omit the stoneskin, for example! :evil: And do raise his spell prices CONSIDERABLY. (X10 will be good.)

I have to play your mod, I have to play your mod, I want to play your mod, I have an all new and cool party, I love my new party, already killed Improved Torak. But I do miss the Undead Targos, so I wanna restart yet again, this time with Undead Targos as well.

Tal Rasha, I did not notice a significant increase in difficulty in Targos, except Phaen. But Phaen was all worth it, I must say. But I want more...did I get the mod installed correctly? Also, if I get Undead Targos right now, will I still have your enchantments? Like tougher Phaen? Please?

But....curse BG1, it takes all my time! It is not my fault, I say you, the BG1 game just completely dominates me! Agh! Help! :p

19. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Omitting stoneskin doesn't really do anything to make the fight harder if you decide to cheese your way through, since you can get both fireshields and let her kill herself on mirror images from an arcane caster--pretty much what I ended up doing, with the addition of some fireballs from myself thrown in for good measure. All it does is make the fight ridiculous for a melee oriented party--and the high AB that lets her consistently hit a 40 AC character is bad enough in itself.

20. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

@Silverstar
    The minions are just slightly and gradually enhanced, which make you enter into the mod insensibly. Only Phaen and Caballus are significantly enhanced in Targos. And if install Undead Targos behind, Caballus will be covered by the UT version, and vice versa.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.