1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tactics4IWD2 Version1.0 Has Come!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Tal Rasha, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

[​IMG] Hello everybody, after 2.5 months my "Tactics4IWD2" is done! Cheers!
    There are many mods for BG Series, but there are rarely mods for IWD Series. So, I made this mod for IWD2. This is a tactical mod which aims to satisfy people who love to challenge. One thing I have to mention is that this mod is not for HoF mode, because strategy in HoF mode is absolutely different from that in normal mode. And I didn't add any new dialogue, so translation is unnecessary.
    As I said, the entire game has been improved now, but not be too difficult to beat. There are only a few bosses that are quite tough. The most toughest battles are:
    1> The Guardian
    2> The Six Lost followers
    3> The Lich in Slaughter Field
    4> The Godson
    5> The Final Battle

I also fixed some spells:
    1> Sanctuary: The enemies won't attack your PC in Sanctuary.
    2> Otiluke's Resilient Sphere: The enemies won't attack your PC in the Sphere.
    3> Antimagic Field: Now immune to Wail of the Banshee, Meteor Swarm, Power word: Kill, and some other spells(If you find any more spells bypassing Antimagic Field, please tell me).
    4> Black Blade of Disaster: DC has been increase from 6 to 16.

Average level of your party in the end(Just Estimation):
    4 PCs: 20-21
    5 PCs: 18-19
    6 PCs: 17-18

Well, I think I can't talk about the mod any more. Discovering by yourself has more fun, right?

Download it HERE , and ENJOY! ;)

2. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanks, I will try it as soon as I have time :) .

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Great! I need to reinstall IWD2 now... ;)

4. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What is this?

Sweet.

5. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

@JT
    He is Iyachtu Xvim, the son of Bane.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can you please give us an idea of what you have done to make the game harder? Maybe an example?

7. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Give enemies better AIs and increase their abilities slightly;
    Give bosses special immunities;
    Buff enemies with long duration spells;
    And so on......

For example:
    Sherincal was a lvl8 fighter, while is fighter8/sorceress8 now.
    The lich in slaughter field is under aura cleasing effect now.
    Common minions will attack held target first, most damaged target first, but won't ignore other attackers.

You shall not expect it is as difficult as BG's Tactics-Mod. Because there is too much fight in IWD series, making every battle extremely hard is pointless and boring.

P.S. At the begining, goblins in Targos are still quite easy. I don't want to make people hit and run all the time, that is boring.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sounds interesting. I will give it a go once I have finished my current game!

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@Tal Rasha

Kudos to you, I can't believe you actually made a mod for IW2, I thought it was nigh impossible! Really.

Now that my ALL NEW (as the first was a great failure ue to my forgetting of 3e rules) party ripped The Lost Followers apart easily enough, I have my confidence back, I will finish my game soon enough and then...I may restart from scratch to try your mod instead of cool HoF.

I have questions though.

I also have Undead Targos (cool) and Improved Torgal (annoying) installed, will those cause a conflict with your mod? If so, what should I do?

10. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

@Silverstar

If you still want to play Undead Targos or Improved Torgal, I think you should intall these two after my mod, which will overwrite my parts. This may not cause a conflict.

11. Caradhras

Media:
    Do you know if conflicts are likely to occur with ease of use?

12. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

@Caradhras
    I haven't tested that, but I recommend you install ease of use before my mod. And I notice that ease of use gives some HoF items in normal mode, so it may reduce the difficulty of my mod.

13. Caradhras

Media:
    I was thinking about the XP component, the one that gives you some XP for every fights without reference to the Challenge Rating.
    I don't like level squatting but I don't like getting no XP at all for a fight. ;)

14. Harbourboy

You could just fiddle around with the moncrate table if that was causing any problems.

15. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    You should really consider announcing this mod over at PPG (and submit it to their mod list), Spellhold Studios, CoM, RPG dungeon, and G3 when their forum comes back up. A lot of people that don't regularly visit SP would love to see a mod like this. Heck, it'll probably generate new members, too.

16. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

I have added it to PPG's modlist. Thanks for your advice.

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

So it's to be played with a level 1 party?

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Silvershield:

Yep.

19. Caradhras

Media:
    SPOILERS

I started playing this mod with my new party. I have finished Targos and it's been a lot of fun. Phaen didn't go down too easily this time and he was able to cast some nasty spells before getting hacked by my tank.

Now, Caballus... He was a tough cookie! If I'm not mistaken he had some damage reduction, a higher AC, Evasion (gasp) and cast area effect offensive spells.

His chromatic orb wasn't useless anymore, his fireball and his lightning bolts took the lives of my stalwart characters.

In the end the leader of my party was the only one still alive and Caballus was still using Larloch's minor drain on him. My Rogue/Bard had some trouble actually hitting the goblin shaman (who would hit for 10 points each time...) I finished him by throwing some fire potions at him.
    Not a very glorious way to achieve victory but it was the only option left to my character who hurried towards the temple to have his party resurrected.

It was the first time I lost 3 characters out of 4 because of Caballus... That was entertaining. :)

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Oh I do so envy you! I want to play this mod too! My PC could not work its program, so Tal Rasha adviced me to copy all the files in to override section. I will see if it works, and start a game with an all new and cool party! If I can play the mod I will be so very happy! :banana:

@Caradhras

Did you play Undead Targos before? What do you think, which is actually harder so far?

(In Undead Targos, in pallisade battle:each goblin you kill turn into skeletons/zombies, all minor bosses are upgraded and imbued with special abilities:blinking, ethereal, ranged attacks etc. There are also TWO Caballuses, one Caballyus plus his evil twin Sullabac (the reverse of Caballus) they happily summon Undead like Zombie Lords and Bone Guards, are buffed up with stoneskins, pro from missiles, etc. and they have fireballs, skulltraps, contagions waiting for unlucky adventurers too! A fun battle when you are so low on level, but eventually I mastered it:so I am looking for something a little more challenging! :shake: )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.