1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the funniest thing you've encountered?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Rastor, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I had no expectations of the story of the game. Ironic more than funny. I made my female halfling rogue and named her Belladonna after Bilbo Baggins' Grandmother on the Took side...

When Oswald asked for some Belladonna for his airship, I thought that she should walk up to him and say, "Well... you could always have me..."

The strangest thing I saw was in the Prologue. When you pickpocket the Diviner in Targos "Hospital" you get a note from him that predicts you pickpocketing him and he even asks for your help explaining exactly how to help him even with further pickpocketing! LOL

[ October 02, 2002, 05:06: Message edited by: Khazraj ]

2. looserboy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I bought the sword with my sorcerer, because he has the highet charisma, and now it looks really funky when I equiped it on my ranger and it says "Heart of Hennet" even though my rangers name is Montolio. I am kinda unhappy about that and that. Also something funny is the fight with Yquog (I think thats how you spell it). He kicks like the monks do. I don't think they kick in this game ut in others they do. But its way exaggerated. Hes kicking like at your head its looks funny.

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Along the lines on the BG2 forum where you have funny dialog responses. When talking to Puddy (I personally found this name funny because in my wife's language Saraiki it means "farty") Talltale he says,

You... you're not an illusion? You won't turn into some twisted combination of a spider, lemure, and octopus and try - *gulp* - try to consume me?

You can say,

Yes, I am an illusion. I just wanted to give you a glimmer of hope. Farewell.

:D

When you use the Horn of Valhalla, the summoned beserkers have some crazy lines. One says

"Look at me, I'm a crazy frothing beserker!"

In the Prologue when you meet Caulder to fix the catapult (makes me wonder if there is somebody with this name working at BIS...) and when he takes the hammer off you to hit the nails he screams,

"Damnable nails, make a fool of me, will you?! I'll smash you into the hells! Take this! And this! Not so smart *now*, are you? Now stay in! *Stay* in!"

and you can reply

By the gods! Stop, man, stop! You're killing them!

or

Whoa. *Someone's* obviously married. ROFL :D

I really related to that last one. Sometimes my wife.....

Cheers

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Many things are quite funny...

When you break the Keg in the prologue:

"Why did ye broke it?"

And you can say:

"Er, I thought it was a goblin."

And in the Palisade, if you click on the cauldron it says "This cauldron looks like it's been tortured for infomation."

And the Keg you can shoot as a contest is called "Smug-looking barrel".

5. Toros Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The funniest thing ive seen so far is the air boat. The boat in Targos with the baloon on top of it. I don't even know why its funny.
    I also though the Heart of " " sword was pretty funny.

P.S.
    When do sorcerors get to choose their spells? every level?

6. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In the Severed Hand, my sorceress (who is my main talker with her high charisma) got some seriously funny, and very sarcastic, dialogue options with both the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Librarian. At one point, the minister said, “Sarcasm does not become you.”

Also, one of the prisoners in the dungeon name Carl says, “I’m a rock” whenever you speak to him. Not really funny, but darn odd. The gnome that shares the cell with Carl is called Puddy, and I got some funny dialogue options from him as well since he thinks you are illusions sent to torture him… Hopefully someone will post some of the dialogue options from the Severed Hand because they are some of the most unusual in the game.

Edit:
    It is also kind of funny (in a morbid sense) when you poison the guards on the 4th floor and they all die right in front of the cook and she just stands there...

Another funny bit of dialogue came with the mind flayers in the underdark when you can say, "Cease your boasting thoughts and get out of our way, illithid, or I'll be wearing your rubbery purple head as boot." While I decided not to fashion footwear out of them, they sure ran away quickly when I gave them the chance to flee.

[ October 10, 2002, 22:33: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

7. 46thgalaxy Gems: 1/31

Randal's line in Clerks when he's trying to convince Dante to let him go to the open casket ceremony with him is, I believe:

Dante: But you hate people.

Randal: I know but I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?

8. White Storm Gems: 2/31

The funniest thing was definately the catapult repairing in prologue. Another funny thing was the "flame-dance-show" thingy in the "time-loop" room :) . Oswald is funny too especialy after crashing when you try to wake him up. IWD II turned out to be a very fun and funny game indeed :D

9. Flying-Fox Gems: 1/31

In the Prologue, at the Salty Dog tavern, I fought those Iron Collar mercenaries. The barbarian(orc) merchant was like cheering us to fight.

I threw a potion which makes a weak fireball and it accidentally hit the merchant. Suddenly he was berserk.

10. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I liked the line you get with the quest reward after you defeat the troll at the village in ch. 1 :)

11. White Storm Gems: 2/31

Remembered one more: it's after clearing the goblin fortress, after you talk to Ulbrec and then go to shop :) there is an option to say: next time Ulbrec will send me to fight white dragons with my teeth (or something like that) then the merchant replies: i wonder if Ulbrec gives his wife any impossible missions :D

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I was ROTFLMAO when my paladin entered the room where this mage creates abberations with the vidiscamera (or whatever it's named) and introduced himself like that:

"Good day my fair lady, I am Sir Arthur Vigilant, Paladin of Helm, the watchful. I'm an agent of Ten towns and I'm fighting the legion of the chimera. I have heread that there is something called Vidiscamera here and I'm here to destroy it. You don't have any idea where I could find it?" Unnecesary to mention that hell broke loose immediately :D

13. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Ragusa, you're right, it's funny because it is so improbable that a paladin would say this in such a situation. It would be even more hilarious if you could hear it.

PS, are you using the English version? Do you know how different the Deutsch version is?

14. Ragusa

Media:
    I'm using the english version - the german one is unlikely to be released before christmas anyway - and usually the german dialogues are less funny than the original ones. Add the silly german soundsets and translation errors and you see why I prefer CRPGs in their original language.

Unfortunalety I was too busy killing monsters to take a screenshot from that dialogue :cry: ;)

15. Captain Carnage Gems: 1/31

My cleric's dialogue string end's with "WASSUP?!"

16. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Ragusa, do you mean that the drow soundset actually speaks Deutsch?

I'd be curious to see it, not that I know Deutsch, I'm just interested. Is this "the reason" why the European release date is late?

17. Ragusa

Media:
    Well, the german release at least - however, the drow soundset isn't "drow" completely and has some english lines as well - I guess they'll be translated too. I wouldn't blame the german release for the delays - since the german version will probably even later than the english one (it has been so with IWD/ BG-2 SoA & ToB and NWN). I think it's just an utterly incompetent european distributor.

18. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I like to play with evil parties because you can always give the incredibly rude answers, wich are most of the times funny.
    I also liked the part where you talk to three mercenaries in the palisade and you're carrying a dead cat, the guy goes like "why are you carrying that around?", and you can answer somthing like "Where I come from it's said to be good luck!", pretty funny.

19. nuther Gems: 1/31

After you get back to town from the Shaengard bridge in Chapter One, go find Swift Thomas and talk to him about Adventuring and Wild Boars.

" ... of course we killed them, we're Adventurers. You never know, they might have swallowed a few pieces of gold or a magic scroll."

-- Very funy.

20. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I thought the smug looking barrel in the prologue was quite funny. Especially when you wipe the smile off its face and take the longbow off that mercenary.
    "it was my grandfathers" he moans.
    "mine now!"
    Ha, I love being evil.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.