1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the funniest thing you've encountered?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Rastor, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've only recently finished the prologue to the game. So far I've encountered a few of the IE trademark humor.

With the drow male voice, if you repeatedly select the character, eventually he'll say "Make sure to keep me out of the sun. This book says I'll lose my abilities within 1d6 days, whatever that means." One of the female voices also has a funny line when you do the same thing "You call this roleplaying." In the Targos Fort, one of the NPCs makes reference to "FedEx Quests".

Have you seen anything else funny?

2. Excellent Archer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I thought finding the Engineering Book in Dragon's Eye was kinda funny.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Wait a minute.

Why is finding the engineering manual in Dragon's Eye funny?

4. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When you keep clicking on a char with the female sorcerers sound, she'll say: :: Fallout 3, fallout 3, fallout 3 ::

Now what does THAT mean? ;)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Geez, I found so many funny things in Prologue alone when I was playing the beta... Like the trainer and his pupils who you can instruct in Attack of Opportunity... And talking to the mercenaries with a dead cat in your inventory... Or the catapult thing...

6. Excellent Archer Gems: 1/31

I dunno...

When I saw the Engineering manual, I busted out laughing...

Guess it's just my weird sense of humor

7. Javalar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I found a moment in Chapter 3 rather amusing, when you meet a team of mercenaries/mariners outside a mysterious cave.

What follows I found rather funny.

Cheers!

8. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I found the cat thing funny. :D But what with that sword you can buy at the tradepost in targos, "Heart of (whoever is talking to her)."
    Pretty strange eh? :confused:

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31

If you buy that sword with one character, then equip it on another, the name will actually change.

What about those soldiers in the prologue that you get to show up by breaking the keg and instructing them in how to use a spear? Then, after you break the keg, they get some funny dialogue.

10. newfiesailor Gems: 1/31

Veteran

I found falling asleep while watching the play in the magma room pretty cute.

11. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This is a spoiler...

In the prologue, If you talk to (I believe his name is) Viril, the person that is in a stupor in a bed near the upper left, in the Hospital tent in town, with your thief, it gives you the option of: "You say you want me to search you and take your stuff. OK, if you want me to.. This is kinda of a spoiler, because after pickpocketing him a few times you'll get a note addressed to you.

12. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31

I still like the male barbarian's voice. Something hysterical about him getting hit for 30 or 40 by a dragon and saying over and over, "bee-stings!"

13. Javalar Gems: 4/31

Funniest thing is the dialogue between you and the Luskan Hosttower mage with his bears just before entering the Black Raven Monastery area.

"War-Bears?"

"Yes...well, "Battle-Cats" weren't scary enough."

"They "BEAR" collars? *snicker*"

"Well of co-, ah yes, very amusing."

Or some such.

14. FistindantilusGamgee Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] enginnering manual is a leftover from Icewind 1 (i believe) where you had to find it to repair a bridge to then go and smite the foul frost giants.

secondly, the fallout three thing is a reference to the fact that the nice folks who made fallout 1 + 2, although i don't hold them responsible for that abomination; fallout tactics, are still recieving petitions and letters, i believe by the hundreds, although i might, just a little, be off on actual numbers, requesting fallout 3, so IMHO the whole fallout 3 voice over thing was a gentle poke at the gamers that they hear the requests...sadly my favorite voice over humor moment came on warcraft3, there was a charactor who repeated randal from clerks immortal line "i like crowds but i hate people its ironic" (or something to that effect, its late and my memory isnt that sharp right now, please forgive)

the one piece of humor i kinda was hopin would make it back was at least one reference to either boo, the minutare giant space hamster or the mythical golden pantaloons armor set...oh, well, guess if i really wanted to see, or hear those references i could just go and play those games over again. :D

[ September 11, 2002, 05:10: Message edited by: FistindantilusGamgee ]

15. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Apart from the repeat clicking characters loadsa times (all of whom have something amusing to say), I found I laughed out loud after a battle. After a couple of reloads in chapter 5, different tactics, getting slaughtered, my wizard chalked up, swaggering, cast "Disintegrate", and *poof*, no more bad guy! :D Why me did not think of this before?
    And the voice things...female monk on reeat clicks says "I know many...tantric styles" and "Once you've had tantric, you never go back". Hehe. And the funny male fighter that says "I'm not going to say anything different from the last 20 TIMES you clicked me!".

16. crashtec Gems: 1/31

the prologue was funny... i agree :D

there was the part in chap. 3 where a witch kidnapped the children.. some of their conversations were funny :D

[ September 12, 2002, 00:19: Message edited by: crashtec ]

17. looserboy Gems: 2/31

you know about the sword heart of " " I equipped it on another characheter and I dont believe it's changed. Are you sure it changes to whoever is using it?

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It doesn't change. It will always bear the name of the character that was leading the party when you bought it. (That is, the character that talked to the shopkeeper.)

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31

I have to disagree with that. I bought the sword with my mage and then equipped it on my ranger. It's called "Heart of Anastacia" now. She's my ranger.

20. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

about the sword with the name of the buyer, well the funny thing is that i actually named one of my first IWD2 characters "Heart of the Rose". so i was really surprise to see a sword named "Heart of Heart of the Rose".

:grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.