1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Did I screw up? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Llandon, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Ok....I think I screwed up.

In Chapter 5, I went to the Yuan-ti Temple in Chult. Since my pally couldn't wear the apprentice robes, I decided to just slaughter everyone in the temple. Not really that hard, mainly because I cast improved invisibility on my sorcer, and had him blast the areas with sunfire and fireball. Once I finished the level I decided to log in to SP and look through some of the posts. It seemes that I really messed up by missing the whole Guardian quest! Of course I'm not sure, but according to some of the posts there is supposed to be a way to fight the guardian (black dragon i believe). From what I read this lookes like an AWESOME battle, and I want to fight it? Is there any way I can summon the Guardian? I guess it has something to do with the dragon statue but I don't know what to do! Please help!

2. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes there is a way, first you have to pick up four pillars from the jungle (they may be five I don't remember) which show when you press the alt button. Then you have to go down to the yuan-ti's and pick up the broken pillar. After all that is done go to the entrance of the yuan-ti lair on the jungle side (a bit down from where you killed all the apprentices) and put all the pillars on their places all around the entrance, and the guardian will show up. Have at least one improved haste spell memorized. You'll need it for the escape.

3. giridion Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The battle is a bit havy, though I had more trouble in normal mode then on HF :) , you can get to the exit without haste, just make sure non of your party members get killed

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.