1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ever feel like crying? lol

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Anodyne, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Anodyne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I admit, I am just starting this, for the second time, the first one was a year or so ago..so after killing the troll to get the Moonblade (while getting to clear the bridge in chapt 1) I apparently left Turok's corpse without looting it (but..I always loot, especially the leaders? weird) and missed the key, went back to town and got my cleric raised from the dead, I find out that I needed a key from Turok (er, the Orc leader, I'm probably spelling it wrong) and now nothing is there..this is 14 days into the game..

My only save point BEFORE I fought the orcs at their camp was on day 3.

:bad:

Argh.

This ever happen to you guys?

2. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

3. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

For me it was the second wardstone in the Horde Fortress. Anodyne, when you get up to that part, you'll know why I needed it. :mad:

4. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I was under the impression that plot items do not decay :bad:

but no, nothing like that never happens to me. I loot carefully.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

:lol: Shire. Me too.
    In one game I kept the letter for Captain Dennis in the airship. Then I released Nathiel and found myself gaping at Dennis stupidly. Had to kill him at the Dragon's. :eek:

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Something like that always seems to happen to me. But I can't remember any funny examples here.

7. Shire Gems: 4/31

I keep quest items in inventory as long as they are needed. Then if after the quest I still have the item (keys and stuff) I ditch them before changing chapter maps.

8. knowledge Gems: 1/31

I once spent 2 Hours scouring all the maps for the second ward stone, after many tries charging through the door, and hoping I survive. It was so simple, I nearly hit myself.

9. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My wizard is still carying around most quest items from chapter 1. I am developing a phobia from discarding such items. Also, it is anoying that many of these do not fit in bag of holding (i want a bag of quest items, that comes for free on game start.)

10. noldor372 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I got all the way past the Fell Wood and then installed the "randomise treasures" EoU mod without backing up my save games. <Sigh> Starting the whole game over now....

11. Vassago Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

HeHe, I've done something similar noldor. While in the Goblin Fortress, I got a new computer. Well, when I installed the mods, I forgot that I wasn't using the radomize treasure mod and clicked it. Boy was I surprised when I looked into my inventory the first time. All you have to do to undo it is run Wiedu's program again and then select remove for that particular mod. Then when you load IWD2 up again, everything will be restored.

It's got to be the only way to equip a bastard sword as a necklace ;)

12. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The fact that quest items cause such irritation among dedicated gamers is but another example of how this game was rushed out. They obviuosly didn't double check this one before releasing it.
    Iv'e played through it many times and on most occasions found I was forced to restart because of stupid quest items that I missplaced. This leaves me SEVERLY ANNOYED. Instead of the common moment of euphoria that is accompanied with finishing a great epic I feel like I've wasted my time. :(

13. Shire Gems: 4/31

Well, at this case it was mostly your own fault, always carry quest items with you!

But what I hate is that game bugs disallow you to finish it. JK:academy comes in mind, even with patches, the game freezes my comp randomly every 10 mins :C

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There are such moments in the game, sure.

My specialty is overriding the quick save or getting it overriden by someone else. And, of course, saving everything under quick save, as you probably have guessed. :D

15. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I like the idea of a bag that holds quest items, that sure would come in handy. I also think the way you could create your whole party :cool: was a stroke of genius, of coarse if they wanted a better replay value it would be best to include some NPCs.

16. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I hate when this stuff happends. I think this happends to me every time I play an RPG. I think its only fair to use DaleKeeper in these cases...

17. DoomSword Gems: 1/31

i never part with ne items like tht, itll catch up with me weright wise eventually, but im now in the fell wood and still have the keys from the ice palace and the ward stones from the goblin warrens, wont part with ne fing unles i know its a common item or an item that can be bought from somewhere

18. Morghak Steelhammer Gems: 1/31

I killed Izbelah at the entrance in Dragon Eye...in HOF mode and I couldn't enter the Dragon Eye area...had to cheat my way in the first level of Dragon Eye everytime I wanted to enter...I usualy don't cheat in these games my first going through...but I saved just after killing her

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.