1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Having trouble with install

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by neopaladin, Jul 15, 2004.

1. neopaladin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Interplay's site and Black Isle is shut down and i can't get help from any one else this board is my only hope to play icewind dale2. Everytime I try to load the game it says that:
    CRC error: the file C:bad:ProgramFiles\BlackIsle\IcewindDale2\Data \ANMBeet.bif doesn't match the file in the setups .cabfile
    The medium from which you are running the setup must be corrupted.
    I thought maybe the disk was bad so i returned the game and got a new copy the same message came up. thanks in advance to anyone who can help

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sorry mate, I have never heard of that issue (and we've had plenty of different issues on these boards).

3. Arawn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I’ve been plauged by the same problem with IE games.
    The disc is not the problem. CRC stands for cyclic redundancy check and .cab are cabinet files. The computers transmissions checks are timed out. CRC errors are associated with overheated computers I’ve been told. But it was not so in my case. Last time I installed IWII this problem disappeared when a friend of my increased the the case-latency period in BIOS. Also the CD might be crappy, If you have a spare or a friend you can change it and check it out. When using my old CD BG II it went through readily.

4. neopaladin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanx for the help, but i don't know how to do that could you tell me how, ive never don anything like that before.

5. Arawn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, I'm not the most computer literate person in the world either.
    My friend did the BIOS thing.
    I think you press F1 during the booting to get into BIOS. then you flip through the settings on one it will say Case-Latency, increase the spann some 50 %, save the changes reboot try a new install. (You might try remembering the orignal setting to put it back). There is a default settings for BIOS too use if you are unsure.

Changing the CD is surprisingly simple. Open the box, remove the the three wires connected to your CD and put them into your spare turned the same way. (OBS keep the computer off when you are pulling wires). The computer will find the new CD when booting. Try a new install. Change it back the same way.

I'm not sure what this problem stems from perhaps some other person could enlighten me, I've only gotten rid of them in this way.

6. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think I've got the same problem here, but I can't seem to find that option in the BIOS, or anywhere else. I've got XP, so if someone could tell me where to find it on that, it would be most helpful.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.