1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mazzy Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Daie d'Malkin, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I know this topic has been done before, I did it, but this time, I'm going to try and make one. Is anyone here willing to give me a hand with this. I can't program, so help will be appreciated from the quarter. I will write the dialogs, but could do with help there too.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll help, I need something to do while my partner in crime is away, and seeming as my other mod is on hold, I'm free for the challenge

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Could you give us a preview of you work? (Dialog...?)

You should have asked this two months gone; I bet that at least someone would had had some time to help you a bit -summer vacations. :cool:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm on school holidays for the next five weeks :p

Have you got many dialogues at the moment?

5. Daie d'Malkin

Um, I don't have any samples to give here, but will be able to write some soon.
    8people, you will help then? Excellent!
    I will PM you with some more of the details, and could you please tell me how this works, because I haven't done this kind of thing before.( guess I should have mentioned that earlier.)

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Ooooh! A Mazzy Romance! Goody, I've always wanted one.

7. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Just a creative suggestion:
    Would it be possible to include a 'high maintenance/low maintenance' dialogue like in 'When Harry Met Sally'...?
    Mazzy seems a bit high maintenance to me - actually she fits in the worst category: she thinks she's low but actually she's high maintenance :D

8. Daie d'Malkin

Okay? If that last post was in english, I'm sure I would have understood it.
    Could you please re-phrase that. I've been up all night, and I'm not thinking straight. I'm also realsiing the enormity of the task I've taken. This is my first mod. This is kinda a morning-after moment. Excuse me.

Okay, here is what I have so far.
    1. Mazzy's former relationship with Patrick. What was he? Her friend, boyfriend, a family member?
    2. Getting over his death
    3. Her history as an adventurer. How does she know Ribald Barterman, and all the THunderburp halflings when she lives in Trademeet? When did she get her gifts from Avoreen? (her weapons)
    4. Her quest to become a paladin, and get a knighthood. Should this happen or not? What about Valygar\Aerie as a squire?
    5. Conflicts with Anomen. He hates the idea that she might become a paladin, and takes the mick out of her.
    6. The essential flirts

And of course, the fact that Halflings WILL be able to romance her.

[ July 30, 2003, 08:06: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

9. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG]
    GREAT! GREAT! She's far better than Anomem to become a force of righteous and Good! And I think she's a good Npc to romance with. I'd would love to help you in this...but I'm not programmer :( . If you need someone to help in something else...I'll be just right here ;) !

10. Daie d'Malkin

You can help with the writing if you would like.
    I'll PM you with the details.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

:lol: Just make it halfling-halfling romance. :D

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'll be happy to help check it for errors, but that's about the limit of my usefulness.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Halfling-Halfling? No way! Elfs and humans, and half elfs too! I can't always be bothered to be a halfling!

14. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I can do spell check.

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [shameless plug]
    There's a Mazzy Forum over at my site, http://www.dmrealms.net...with guest posting enabled, so...
    [/shameless plug] (here's to hoping Taluntain doesn't use his godly powers to punish me)

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    How about having dwarves being able to romance her? Those poor guys don't get any action. One thing I don't like is that if you are playing a dwarf or half-orc (not that I ever play half-orc) you have no romances. If you're a gnome, at least you have one option (Aerie).

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, a Mazzy romance - with my favourite halfling hottie? That could even result me in playing BG-2 for the 10+th time again ... even with hopelessly overpowered Sir Donaldus ... ;)

18. Daie d'Malkin

@Ragusa. How did I get the feeling that you would be in here before long? Ha.
    Um, here's hoping I dont get flattened by Tal, but if you guys check the afore mentioned site, then you can see how far we have got, and can offer advice, or help with ideas and writing.

19. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Perhaps if the protagonist rejects Mazzy, or is female we could see a sort of Beauty and the Beast relationship form between her and Korgan? I for one would find that quite entertaining!

Anyway, I am a fairly experience programmer who might be able to script this for you, should it appear that this mod will indeed be made.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Its definately going ahead. Help with the programming might be needed, it depends on whether or not 8people wants help doing it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.