1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Sherincal

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by lisa, Aug 8, 2003.

1. lisa Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Please can someone help?!? I have been trying to kill Sherincal but all my characters keep dying. Does anyone have any good cheats or advice. I have tried clicking on the target and pressing control and k but it doesnt work. Any advice is appreciated.

[ August 08, 2003, 22:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Welcome to the boards.

When I killed sherincal, I started by resting so that every one was a full strength, then casting every support spell I possibly could (haste expecially). Then i brought every body up and used a few remove fear scrolls, and sent the fighters on her, sneak attack her witht he rogue, and the cleric and wizards use lots of area affecting spells on the other creatures as well as individual damaging spells on her like magic missle and melf's acid arrow.

3. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Alas that my first post must be a cheap cheat, but...

...there's a li'l gnome by the name of Zack Boosenburry that you should've saved before confronting Sherincal. He's trapped in a remorhaz in the southern side of the screen - the door is jammed, so you can reach him by way of a passage in the southeast. Dear Zack knows healing spells and is happy to heal you, for a price.

And a weird aspect of the game is that a store-cleric like Zack can heal party members ANYWHERE on the screen, so long as ONE member is close enough to talk to request the service.

So during the Sherincal fight, leave your weakest party member by Zack. When the fighting gets rough, have that fella talk to Zack and buy healing, stoneskin, and improved invisibility. Repeat as needed. By now you should have plenty of cash to "invest" in beating Sherincal.

Yeah, it's cheap. But that's what you asked for!

4. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Instructions for haking(control k, for example) are as follows:
    1.Go into your Icewind Dale 2 text file, "icewind2" where the game is installed on your hard drive.
    2.Scroll down untill you see the heading [Game Options]then click right after it and push "enter", type in "Cheats=1" (without the quotes).
    3.Go to "file" and click "save", then start up the game(note the cheats will not work if you are already in the game until you exit and restart the game).
    4.Once you are in the game, press "Control+Tab", a cheat menu will appear, type the following into it exactly{ ctrlaltdelete:EnableCheatKeys() }
    Then if you want to use the cheat you can press "ctrl+k" or "ctrl+y" and Sherincal should die instantly(oh joy).
    I would not advise using cheats however untill you have beaten the game, it can spoil it. If you want to walk up the stairs, you have to simply use a bow and "force attack" the levers. To do this, simply equip one of your characters with a bow, then click on it in the quick action bar, and then click on the lever after the yellow sword appears. Also buy plenty of healing potions and be sure to use haste, prayer, etc, type spells.

I know this is overly simplified but I always get pissed off when someone fails to mention an important detail that everyone is supposed to simply know! So I hope I've helped you.

5. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You can also activate the cheat console through the ID2 Configuration program.

6. lisa Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks have lots of ideas now

7. Iroden Wildwanderer Gems: 1/31

The way I beat Sherincal was to leave most of my party to the south of the passage leading to Sherincal in the alcove near the Dragon Necromancer guys. The I had one of my character walk up the passage and draw out the other enemies with Sherincal. After I had got one or two on my trail I lead them back to the rest of the party where they could be disposed of easily. Eventually only Sherincal was left so I sent my entire party up to her and began pelting her with spells like magic missile and melf's acid arrow, while my rogue shot at her with a bow and my malee warriors fought in close quarters. By the way, if I was too beat up after killing Sherincal's minions then I rested near the Necromancer's where I never got attacked once. For me Sherincal used the Necromancer's against me, but they're easy enough. It's cheap, but it's safe.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    For me it was mirror image for protection and damage spells through her guts: 3rd level ones were quite effective, 4th level even more. IIRC she has some abysmal fire immunity and isn't really all that vulnerable to other elements, so magical physical damage is the way. She fell to magic missile ultimately, IIRC.

9. [WoD]Lord Stanislaus Creatorus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Dear Lisa!

Then I first time saw her i was surprised! :p
    I was trying to kill her but all my weapons after "barely injured" not makes any DAMAGE!!! :confused:
    I was very angry then she come to my party and kill all my party and ME!!! :o
    But i was trying again and again and i know that she can be defeated by Magic Weapons such as Darts +2 or any other kind of this weapon!
    ;) Be sure to wear prologue item "Vgotan's Jewelry" :( Sorry i forgot real name! :)
    What's because of PANIC causing by She!

Try and Don't forget kiss for me if you suceed! :p

Truly Yours,
    [WoD]FCreator

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

When I first fought her I ended up fighting her and her little pals. They killed me. So after I reloaded I went the other way after killing Lord Reanger, and eliminating the trolls and Remorhaz to free Zack.

Then I went into the Necromancer cavern and slashed them to bits, and I quickly found as I exited that cavern the nice Crystal Golem awaiting me.

So after a brief but interesting fight the Golem was ready to make some Crystal goblets.

Then I fought Sherincal, with out her allies other than the few she had in with her it was Hack, slack and spells, then BAMMO, Bobs your uncle she's deader then a really dead stick.

11. Plethora Gems: 1/31

I cant even fight her.. she freezes my computer for some reason.. damn winged evil thing..

12. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

do you need some help with that?

13. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

i'm in need of a cheesy tactic to beat sherincal with my solo barb, she's immune to ranged weapons and in melee she completely outmaches him, what should i do ? its driving me nuts

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  14. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If the rest of the map is cleared, you can run around all over the place. Make use of the barbarian's speed, wear regenerating items, hide in shadows to hit and run. Give all ranged weapons a try before you mark then all as useless... good luck :)
    Do you still have any of those explosive flasks? They'll help.

15. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

First kill everyone except Zak and his spider on the map so only Sherenical is left to fight. Afterwards you can run away and rest. Before the 1:1 battle you should go to Zak and buy improved invisibility and all other buff spells which might be useful in the battle.
    Sherenical isn't immune to ranged damage, she just has very high damage reduction, so even criticals won't do much damage. She is extremely vulnerable to fire, so if you have weapons or items which do extra fire damage use them, you won't face a harder battle for a long time.

16. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

thanks for your replies :)

in fact i bought all of the fire oil and exploding potions i could get from oswald, the problem is that when she gets badely hurt she gets down to melee attack, and if she gets any close to my barb it provokes fear (i missed out on the Houndstooth Collar in the prologue :( ), and i cannot rest either otherwise she heals completely... what a *****

at the same time i've been soloing with a monk, this guy is clearly underpowered compared to his bg2 version, does it really get any better at high level ?

17. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

You might want to save the most damaging potions for last, so you won't have to make so many saving throws. Get enraged when she gets close for the saving throw bonus and consider that everything which improves will saves reduces the chance to get affected by fear, maybe there's even a potion which grants fear immunity.

Monks get much better with levels, just take a look at the many bonuses in the manual. Even HoF mode has been soloed with a monk.

18. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

yeah i beat her !! not with my barb though but with my monk, thanks to zack and his protective spells plus summon monster hehe

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.