1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost control of 1 of my characters...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by JCGolden, Mar 2, 2004.

1. JCGolden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My party is in the citadel in the underdark having fought a couple of the MindFlayers, and one of my character is now no longer under my control. I checked to see if he was under some type of mind affecting spell, but according to his profile(I can't click on his icon, but can look at his profile/stats/etc by going into another characters profile, then I am able to click on him) he isn't under any type of spell that would make him unusable... I have tried resting, restarting the game, and even charming him, but nothin seems to allow me to take back control.... does anyone have any ideas how I can get around this?
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Edit: Have you tried using DaleKeeper II to see what effects are still on him? Have you tried casting Exaltation or Dispel Magic on him?

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Look for his inteligence. Once in BG2 Jaheira got hit by a prismatic spray spell and became feebleminded, her INT becoming 3. She was also completely uncontrolable. Best was I could not dispell the effect.

4. Sojourner Gems: 8/31

Exaltation is supposed to take care of the Feeblemind effect.

5. JCGolden Gems: 1/31

I did try dispel magic, as well as Charm spell. I don't know what his Intelligence is(I am at work) but will definitely look at that one.
    Would DaleKeeper 2 show me any affetcs that the game wouldn't show me in the Character Skills/Stats screens?

6. Sojourner Gems: 8/31

Yes.

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If all else fails you might be able to Ctrl-Y Ctrl-R him.

8. JCGolden Gems: 1/31

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried all of your suggestions with very little luck... I was able to regain control via Dalekeeper II, but something was still not "right", so I wound up reverting back to an older saved game.
    Thanks again.

9. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've never had this sort of problem in IWD2 but I had a similar problem in BG2 whereby Valygar wouldn't follow the rest of the party. He'd walk for a bit then stop and every ten feet I'd have to click on him to get him to move further.

In the end, I whacked him and resurrected him - problem solved!

10. Hellheart Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ever tried a restoration or greater restoration on him? That might work!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.