1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battle squares help

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Memento Mori, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Memento Mori Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm almost done the battle squares and I'm not getting the reward items! Help, has anyone else gotten this?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh dear, how come people are encountering so many problems with this game all of a sudden? I have never heard of people not getting the Battlesquares rewards items (other than the obvious things I'ms ure you have already eliminated: 1) you haven't completed each level properly 2) your inventory is full and it's on the floor 3) your version of IWDII is broken badly 4) your PC is broken badly or 5) you're not actually playing IWDII at all).

3. Alphidius Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:lol: Wahahahaha

Almost? Or done? Get three in a row and you'll win the game and get Oria's key.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But the real big rewards come from completing more than just the first three-in-a-row (or by getting the Weimar Ease-of-Use mod that allows you to skip Battlesquares altogether).

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

But you dont get the really cool stuff, like the bastard sword which has Executioner's Eyes cast on you while holding it with the ease-of-use mod.

Check if you are combating at a new level.
    Once you have finished a level of battle squares you do not recieve any more rewards for doing that level again.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

pull the lever, do 3 in a row, then 4 in a row, then 5 in a row, then 6 in a row, then 7 in a row. after you complete this procedure per level of the lever pulled, the screen shakes, which is how you know thatrank has been mastered the item is supposed to show up in your inventory. Shrikanth, what bastard sword that casts executioners eyes are you talking about? that was the reward for what rank? bec im playing now and afaik i didnt recieve that...

7. Shrikant

Batard's Son.
    I think it was the reward somewhere in L6 of the squares.
    However there are so many random rewards in the entire game that you probably wont see it.

Im not sure but it may be part of the forgotten items pack in the ease-of-use mod.

8. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I always go back just before leaving for Kuldahar. If you really want to crank up the cheese, the easiest way I've found is to send in a sorceror with enough Disintegrates to handle the last however many squares, and Skull Traps, Magic Missiles, Acid Arrows and Vitriolic Spheres for the ones before them. Save, click, cast, reload if it didn't work. Getting your sorceror the Spell Penetration and Spell Focus: Transmutation/Evocation feats doesn't hurt, either.

As for why you're not getting them, the only thing I can think of would be to make sure you're completing each rank and then advancing to the next one. Probably not much help, but I'm a big believer in Ockham's Razor.

9. Harbourboy

Don't the random Battlesquares monsters increase in power to match the level of your party? In this case, won't coming back just before Kuldahar just mean you'll be facing uber-demons instead of panthers?

10. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I had trouble with them even then! But by the time Kuldahar draws near, I'm loaded up with instant-death spells and better equipment. One failed save and they just vanish. Not the most noble way to do it, but effective. Battle Squares always annoyed me, anyway - I loved the idea, but could never crack it at lower levels.

11. Memento Mori Gems: 3/31

Each time I finish one it says 'victory' so I don't know why the rewards don't come. I go Oria's key though.

12. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Heh.
    An RP'ed but incredibly powerful grey dwarf axe fighter thrall of my Drow sorcerer kicked butt
    and again...
    and again...
    it was so uber I almost got bored...
    *spoiler alert*

until I ran into those barbarians, and the white dragons, while he had died somewhere along the way. That kind of challenged me.
    Well, once he was revived he got me through the monk challenges in a jiffy tho'
    :borg:

13. Xyfiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You have to do 25 battles per rank, after each battle it says "victory". After doing each set of battles (3,4,5,6,7) you can get random items and a free auto spell buff(somtimes exp too). After each rank is completed you will get a bonus item. You can tell which rank you are on by the levers. Keep up with your battle sets, It sucks when you forget which set of battles you are on and have to do some over to get the rank mastered. There is a decent walkthrough with good battlesquares info here, I believe the writer was Teekc.

Big Bald Ranger
    Are you saying your dwarf beat battlesquares easy or did you misread the topic?

14. Memento Mori Gems: 3/31

I'm on rank 5 and all I've gotten in reward so far is Oria's key. I suppose I could use the editor to put those items in my inventory but I don't know what they are. And 25 battles per rank? Screw that I'm barely surviving as it is!!

15. Shrikant

Yes Memento Mori :)

(3+4+5+6+7)*10=250 monsters to beat so you can be the battle squares master.

Damn lot of fun! :lol:

16. Blue Loon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A quick guide

In order to get each item on it, you have to beat the battle squares all 5 diffrent ways for each difficulty level.

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------
    | Level1 | Level2 | Level3 | level4 | level5 |
    | x - -  | x - -  | x - -  | - x -  | - x x  |
    | x - -  | x - -  | x - x  | x - x  | x o x  |
    | o - -  | o - x  | o - x  | x o x  | x x -  |
    x=attack
    o=attack last
    -=blank space

Copied from teekc faq 
    Understand?

17. Elian Ironblood Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi,

So, I wrote a lot of rubbish. Though doing 250 fights to complete all the battle squares is a bit tedious isn't it.

E.I.
    :)

[ August 31, 2004, 09:41: Message edited by: Elian Ironblood ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.