1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

needing help w/ the 8 chambers

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by trollslayer69, May 9, 2003.

1. trollslayer69 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i'm playing IWD2 and have gotten to the 8 chambers and am stuck in the chamber of sorcery. i found the walkthrough and know it is best to use a high level monk or rouge {i have a 10th lvl thief}, but still cannot get through. my theif lasts the longes but only gets to "hurt" one or both of the crystal guys before dying. my barbarian can "sometimes" kill one but not both before dying. i have also seen a cheat to get more items"potions" but i can't get it to work. it starts off w/ ctrl,alt,del which shuts down the game. PLEASE someone help me i like the game but am VERY frustrated.

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There is a number of similar threads about this topic. Back in the old days when the game was first released. Read the forum rules, it says to search for old threads before inventing a new one.

Oh well, all can be forgiven. When you enter the...3rd room? you will be attacked by 2 monks. They can use electrcity so be very careful. Grab a weapon, and wait for them to pop up. Bash them, and you will see that when they dissapear, one of the tiles goes a different colour. Go stand on it. It gives you electricity protection. Then, when they pop up again, bash them.

Make sure you use a character with hitpoints, not high armour class. The electricty isnt affected by AC, but by reflex saving throws. I would suggest that you use a fighter. If it gets too hard, crank the difficulty down.

3. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I always used a sorcerer for the chambers, not a fighter.

Animate dead followed by invisibility or sanctuary if using a cleric.

Remember you only lose your equipment going into the chambers, not your spells.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I feel your pain, and I did the chambers just last night in my HoF game.

The first time through my druid did it. Between summoning, stormshell, moonblade or snakebite (can't remember which), and shapeshifting I was able to do it as long as I got the timing right.

But HoF showed no mercy on my druid, this time that wasn't going to work. So I called in my sorcereress and learned something very useful. Improved Invisibility is too good for the crystalline monks. While some enemies are smart enough to still attack you when you are under the effects of improved invisibility, some are not. And the crystalline monks fall into the later category. And if they can't attack you. they also can't throw lightning bolts at you. Indeed, they just sit there, dumbfounded.

You have to use a character that has the Improved Invisibility spell learned, because casting it on someone else and sending them in won't work. Any spell protections or whatnot must be cast in the chamber they are used in.

My sorcereress then continued by casting Mordenkainen's Sword and walloping the living crap out of the dumbfounded crystalline monks. But if this is your first time through, you may not have that spell yet.

Still though, improved invisibility helps greatly and in terms of offense, I would look to the simple weapons provided or maybe something like decastave or phantom blade.

5. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You don't use the ctrl+alt+del keys , you type the words ctrlaltdel.

6. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Big b: Not JUST useful in the Chambers either, Improved invis is probably my Fav. Spell for my Solo Sor.

As for the chambers, I think B has the right idea. Improved invis, Black Blade of Devastation..

(Chance of Disintegration..)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.