1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourite Character

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Soren Vracian, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Give the details of one character you created that you really enjoyed- doesn't have to be the most "uber powerful" build, or even the prettiest-but the character you had the most fun playing with.

2. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I really enjoyed the Deep Gnome Paladin(3)/Fighter(4)/Rogue(3)/Illusionist(20) tank build. Enough AC to stand in the middle of enemies, good melee power, excellent rogue skills and on top of it all, almost full-time mage. What more can one hope for?

3. Vassago Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I love Rogues. When I think of RPGs I always think of Rogues. Here is my current and most beloved Rogue:

Krisaga Tarmikos -- assassin
    Female Tiefling Fighter 4/Rogue X (ECL +1 penalty)
    Lawful Evil
    14 20 14 14 10 6
    Small Blades(piercing), Hammers(bludgeoning)
    Skills: Hide, Pick Pocket, Search, Disarm Device
    Feats: Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Specialize in Small Blades & Hammers, Dirty Fighting

4. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My drow paladin(10)/sorcerer(12+), because I have this idea of that character and I find him really cool. Besides, he's a very powerful fighter too, due to mirror image and other sorcerer buffs.
    I especially like him when he's wearing as much luck enhancing items as possible, because sometimes he scores so much criticals the earth doesn't stop shaking. :)

5. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31

My favourite character was a pure fighter deep gnome... I was extremely sloppy with feat allocation- but his stats were pretty good. I can only remember that he specialized in dual wielding long swords, which I thought was pretty cool at the time.

Compared to other characters I've made since then, he was extremely weak, but I found it really fun to be able to go invisible at will with my *tank* and attack enemy mages up close, completely bypassing their guards.

6. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My drow pure sorcerer, Orzt.
    He's not that uber (for a sorcerer) but he just got a cool attitude that just screams "Beg for mercy, or *suffer*".
    He is aligned, and RP'ed, good, but he is agressive and will not take verbal or physical abuse, under the motto, with a fireball rammed down your throat you won't be so mouthy.
    I'm loving it
    :borg:

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Fighter/Thief Halfling, NaKia Nightshadow. I didn't start out to make a special character, just wanted a thief. She really seemed to develop on her own. She is fun loving and sees adventure as a great game. I know a lot of people think thieves suck in IWD II but she did a lot and was very aggressive. She had a mind of her own. When they come to take me off to the ward I'll probably think I'm her.

8. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

High-level clerics with high wisdom rule my day. Practically no saving throw on Greater Command is just... nice.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well one character I always have in my multiple-character partys, is a chaotic neutral figher or barbarian called "Kane the Insane" (tm). So cool

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    My favourite character was inspired by my Pnp thief for ADD2:

Half Elf CN level 21
    (14 16 13 12 13 13)
    Rogue 11
    Battleguard of Tempus 5
    Fighter 5

I tried to solo the game the first time I played... and I never had so much fun!
    Of course I made many mistakes (improved initiative :( ) but it was awfully amusing to get surrounded by hordes of monsters and start hacking away!!!

11. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31

Sometimes the characters with "flawed" builds are the most fun, at least in my experience... Though, was anyone surprised that improved initiative didn't work? Seriously, it sounded too good to be true!

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Homer Simpson: Human Barbarian (+ 1 level of Bard for his time with the B-Sharps). He made regular use of the Rage skill and only used Hammers for weapons.

13. Xyfiel Gems: 2/31

Solo Drow NG
    Fighter4/Ranger4/rogue3/Evoker19
    12/17/12/20/13/6
    Dual wield with weapon finesse/spec, decent bow skills(rapid and weapon spec), enough points for skills for rogue/mage/talking, good mix of buffs and fire aoe, decent bab, ac, saves, and resistance. Since I took evoker 1 at L12, it took awhile before I could buff enough to survive normal difficulty. Character is very versatile allowing you to change tactics per battle if you get bored. Normal fights consisted of buff, hide, walk in middle release a sunfire, hack away.Only regret is that thru normal I only hit L25 and didn't get my last spells.

14. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31

Nicely done with the Homer Simpson build, by the way:)

15. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I agree, the Homer character is funny. ^^

Just for laughs I rolled up & exported for future use, Clark the Aasimar Paladin. I don't remember all his exact stats, but he's got 18 str and really low wis (anyone that watches Smallville will understand :p ).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.