1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Assertion failed

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Sydax, May 30, 2006.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I bought the game few days back (an special offer pack) so I started to play it.
    I played a bit and then I found the Easy v15 mod from Weimer's place, so I installed some components: bugfixes; infinite stacking; collector's edition bonus items; and randomized treasures; nothing more.
    The game played well until I reached the area where Nickademus is sleeping. I talked to him and finished the dialogue box, so after a few seconds, the game CTD with the message:
    "An assertion failed in ObjAnimation.cpp at line number 18811"
    So I came to the forums to search for some technical info and did the stuff is listed in that help page: clean temp, tempsave and cache folders, etc., but I always had the same error at the same part. Then I downloaded NearInfinity tool and searched for corrupted files and got lots; I uninstalled the mod and I got save game corrupted, I guess because the infinite stacking part because I had lots of arrows, bottles and scrolls stacked. So I uninstalled the game and re-installed and I have to start a new game; I have no problems with that, I just want to know if the Easy mod is the cause of the Nickademus error.
    Also, I searched for errors again with NearInfinity tool and got this:
    "File corruption search
    Number of errors: 1
    File: ICEWIND2.GAM Offset: 884h Error message: 4 unused bytes after Unknown(870h)"
    While the tool was searching for the errors, I got some error messages too:
    "Error reading TEST_01.CRE (same for 02 and 03)
    Unsupported version: V9.1"
    And the same for TESTOCLE.CRE.
    What that means? Will I have the same error again with Nickademus?

I hope someone know something about this.
    Thanks.

2. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Your game should be fine, mine has it too.

Edit: I think the problem is related to your objanimation.cpp file (which is probably corrupted during installation), and not because of the Easy mod.

Edit2: Have you installed the latest patch yet?

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The game installs patched already (2.01). But I did patched the game again just to see if that fixed something but didn't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.